“gambling great, food is a fallen lady”
Review of Horseshoe Casino

Horseshoe Casino
Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Tunica
More attraction details
Owner description: Try your luck and be entertained at this grand resort casino offering more than 1,596 slot machines, exciting table games plus many restaurants and entertainment venues.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Horseshoe still hands down the best place for table gambling. There are always a large number of tables and the dealers, especially craps, are the best, standout, awesome.

Bad News:

The buffet on Saturday night was a TERRIBLE disappointment. It was clean and food hot, plenty of it ..but man, just not what it used to be. I was the guest of a Seven star(?) premium member. No one escorted her to table, there was no private dining space available, was just shoe horned in and received cursory table service, polite, but rare. No supervisor or manager ever came to check on things.

As to food, it was all fried, everywhere. The food was obviously out of can industrial food .. and not the best at that ...the university cafeteria on my college campus where I work is better. I hate to think anyone paid $26.00 or whatever for that. Maybe the new gold strike buffet has got them scared, anyway, take your comp or $$$ elsewhere, don't expect as much, but better than this.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,492)
All reviews
in 83 reviews
"roadhouse"
in 134 reviews

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Easy to park and enter from the garage. Nice employees that are helpful. I lost my credit card and they were very helpful. The layout is open and convenient to move around. Good buffet.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have visited Tunica ms for years to gamble and this was the worst trip ever. Machines are so tight. Comps are hard to come by. In the past we knew we might loose but we at least could eat on there dollar and stay for few free nights. No longer the tide has turned. Good bye tunica and hello to another casino.

4  Thank ragmtg
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I spent 3 nights in Tunica this week, gambling. I used to love gambling at the Horseshoe and the Roadhouse - both of which are Harrah's properties. I had not been there in 6 months, and now have been told that their "requrements" for complimentary buffets has changed. You now have to gamble MUCH more than was needed a few months ago before they will even consider giving you a free meal. I had always thought that they wanted you to stay in their casinos, so they provided a free meal to gamblers. Well, now you might as well just go purchase your meal because the cost in gambling is too much for me. I used to gamble some slots about 45 minutes or so, and maybe spend 20 or 30 dollars and they would give me a buffet so that I could gamble more after dinner. Not any more! I estimate I played around 45 minutes to an hour and spent probably $150-200 and asked the casino host for ONE meal and was turned down. Then I walked over to the Roadhouse and gambled about $100 at the craps table and again asked for ONE meal and was told I would have to buy it with the points on my card.
I left the property and will not be back again to their casinos until I hear better things about them. I thought the whole idea was to keep a player there, not run them off. So I actually spent at least $250 at Harrah's properties and still did not get a meal. I finally paid for a meal at another hotel. I just wonder if anyone else has noticed the drastic changes there?