“Paula Dean Buffet”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Good service and for the most part the food was real good, slow service at cashier checking in and were not ready to handle the crowd waiting at the door when it opened at 11am -
Desserts were dried out as if the had been cut and left on plates over night

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is one of those *been there, done that* places; the buffet was SO BIG, by the time you made it back to the table, your food was cold. I only sampled one plate of food, but of what I tasted, the pulled pork, fried chicken, fried shrimp, and okra & tomatoes were delicious. The dessert bar was a disappointment. The blueberry cobbler tasted like canned pie filling with phyllo dough on top; the cupcake was inedible.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was excited to eat at PAULA DEEN buffet until i walked up to the food . servers are rude,I ask for a slice of ham they told me there were out. (at 5:pm??????)the food looked good but it was cold the meat was tough . THE PEOPLE that were with me was shocked at the food servers, rude,rude,rude. they didn't care if they waited on u or not, by the way my daughter-inlaw got ham after I SAT DOWN at the table to eat. THEY PUT A NEW HAM OUT AFTER THEY SAID THEY WERE OUT OF HAM???????????. I'M SURE YOU WILL NOT DISPLAY MY REVIEW AS IT WAS A BAD MEAL. BAD FOOD SERVICE. I WILL NEVER EAT AT THIS BUFFET AGAIN. I never went back to get a piece of ham. WE WERE SO DISAPPOINTED with OUR MEAL, you need to give a suprise visit to see for your self. I'M SURE IF YOU WERE THERE THINGS WOULD BE DIFFERENT. you have a great day!

2  Thank DARLEEN W
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Tunica last weekend on a whim. Before we left on Sunday, we decided to check out the Harrah's casino and the Paula Deen Buffet. I'm a long-time, avid Paula fan so I was very excited to try it. I had read some of the other reviews, however, and was a bit nervous. Honestly, I don't know what those negative reviewers are talking about. Perhaps they're used to 5-star, fine dining. The food is what you would expect from a buffet bearing the Deen name - and then some. We went at 10:00 AM on a Sunday and had what I guess you could call brunch. I didn't eat much of the breakfast type food (I can get eggs and bacon anywhere) but everything I did have was very good. Some highlights were the fried chicken, fried green tomatoes, low-country shrimp boil and chocolate cream pie. The young man that took our dirty plates and refilled our drinks was pleasant and well groomed. I loved the decor as well - like being in Paula's house. We will definitely be eating at this buffet again when in Tunica!

1  Thank robinc715
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Ate here a couple times, the first was a weekend and it was really good for a buffet. The prime rib was great and I'm not a big prime rib fan. They had tons of selections with tons of people getting the crab legs. The second time was for a breakfast buffet and it was good but not as impressive as the weekend dinner spread. I can see how they could be really hit or miss with the quality depending on the day. They had decent selection of brunch stuff, I had multiple plates of brisket with eggs and fruit. Would return.

2  Thank Cursive9