“Nice choices of seafood”
Review of Paula Deen Buffet - CLOSED

Paula Deen Buffet
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The seafood choices are better. The food choices are wide. The oysters however did not taste right. Overall is a good, solid buffet.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

After reading some reviews of Paula's restaurant I was not sure that we should go, but I wanted to try it anyway.....boy this was a great decesion. First lets start by we went for brunch and it was priced around $17 with a players card and $21 without one. There was breakfast and lunch and dessert stations...the thing was they had so much of everything...we walked in and was like WOW...we didn't know where to start. One station was salads, one was all seafood, one was bread, one was soul food, and two was breakfast.......just about every dessert you can think of including pies, cakes, cookies, ice cream, tarts, bread puddings, brownies, it was crazy...We will return......

1  Thank shoni72076
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is absolutely the WORST buffet I have ever had, and I've had them all in Tunica. WAY overpriced and the food is simply terrible!!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We ate at this buffet because grandma recognized Paula Dean from Food Network. The variety of food was good the day we were there (Tuesday ~ 4:30 PM). I enjoyed it and would go back next time I am in town.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I recently took my wife to a "special" lunchon at Paula Deen's in the Harrah Casino Tunica Ms. Having eaten there 3 weeks earlier, I was expecting a quaility experience. Didn't happen. Food was presented as if were left overs or a second thought as much of the buffet was not even present. We worked our way through the main meal and decided to move to dessert. My wife asked for slice of key lime pie and it was served to her by the dessert attendant . However, the slice of pie appeared to have been tossed on to the plate and given to her in a crumpled mess.. (You can't make this up). This was the tipping point. I asked to speak to a manager. I was directed to a supervisor who was not the manager but the supervisor ( difference not obvious to me).

The supervisor said he was sorry about our bad experience and that before he could do anything he would HAVE to talk to the head chef, the dessert server, and then to their union rep. I left and went down to the Casino floor where I talked to a Casino floor person who advised me that my best bet to a resolution was via the Concierge.

I contact the Concerge office, speak with the lead lady and handed off to a lady who has overheard my complaint and assures me that the matter will be addressed to my satisfaction. After 2 hrs of waiting with no response, I revisit the concierge offfice. The lady assigned ahd left for the day with out a resolution. The lead concierge lady found this troubling and redoubled her efforts to resolve the issue. Another or hour or so passes and a concierge person retrieves me from the casino floor. Back inside the concierge office I find the head concierge lady, the supervisor,and the head Paula Deen chef.

The chef states his appology for the problems at the buffet and offers a peace offering of a WHOLE Paula Deem key lime pie. I explanied to the chef that this was a nice jester, but my wife and I were traveling on to New Orleans and had no way to deal with a whole key lime pie. I added that after nearly 4 hours of waiting on a resolution, a key lime pie did reach "to my satisfaction" level. He asked what i would be satisfied with and I told him to simply add my buffet cost back to my harrah's reward card and we would be backthe following Friday (3 days later) to try the buffet again and that we would be bringing 2 of our closest friends with us to dine also. The chef explained that (HE) could not reinstate our cost tp our rewards card, but would (reluctantly) hand write us a note for the buffet folks to award us 2 free buffets.

I took the note without reading it, shook hands and left. I returned to Paula Deens in the Casino on the following saturday night only to find thathte chef's note had EXEMPTED me from the Friday and Saturday night buffet. After a slight and uneventful negotiation with the Saturday night manager, we were allowed to eat. The eating experience on Saturday night was excellant.

I have to ask. Who runs the Casino and how does a $30 buffet issue turn into such a problem. Quick answer, I don't believe customer service at this Harrah venue has customer service as an imparative. If the Casino whichs to contact me they have all the information on file. I'm not holding my breath.