“Memorable dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fairbanks Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 63 Restaurants in Tunica
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy an award-winning, dining experience at Fairbanks Steakhouse. Featuring the finest steaks including an 8-ounce filet, a 16-ounce New York strip with bourbon peppercorn sauce, a 24-ounce porterhouse and a 22-ounce bone-in rib eye with mushrooms and grilled onions there are also delicious seafood selections and amazing appetizers.
“Memorable dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

Atmosphere is pretty much what you would expect in a casino's higher end restaurant. Service was attentive and my Cajun pasta dish was worth going back for. Try this place-- you won't be sorry.

5 Thank DarknDisturbed
Fairbanks T, General Manager at Fairbanks Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 7, 2016
Thanks for rolling the dice and stopping by to see us. Hope to see you soon. Team Fairbanks.

Warren, Rhode Island
“Big rip-off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

High priced, low quality, poor service, not hot food, all rolled into one package. Better steaks at the buffet!!!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A wonderful dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2009

My husband took me to the Fairbanks Steakhouse for my birthday dinner on a Thursday evening. He actually found a coupon on restaurant.com for our visit and had called to book the reservation. Our reservation was for 6 pm, and we arrived 5-10 minutes early and were greeted by a charming Maitre d', who asked for our coupon and had our server seat us immediately. (I mention the coupon because we weren't made to feel the least bit bad about using it there.) At the table, there were freshly poured goblets of ice water, cloth napkins, various forks, bread plates with butter knives and a basket with a variety of fresh breads. Our server, Adrian, made sure that we were comfortable, offering my big & tall husband an armless chair, then he gave us menus and took our drink order.

We started off with the fried buffalo mozzarella, which was delicious. It was like the best grilled cheese sandwich you've ever had, without the bread. I followed with the Hollywood salad, which is a wedge of iceberg lettuce, with crisp bacon, sliced plum tomatoes and I had ranch with it. Very good. For entrees, I had the small filet, the Scarlet O'Hara, cooked exactly how I ordered it, with Au Poivre, a peppercorn sauce. My husband had the Chicken a la Fairbanks. Both were beautifully prepared and garnished and, most importantly, delicious! We both ordered a side of garlic mashed potatoes, but we could have easily gotten by with only one order, as there was plenty to share.

For dessert, I had the Fairbanks Signature Key Lime Pie and my husband had the Gateau Chocolate, a rich chocolate cake that features a sauce of raspberry and Grand Marnier. As with the potatoes, we could have shared a dessert. That was the largest piece of key lime I've ever seen! Both were luscious and tasty. Worth feeling a little stuffed! We took much of the desserts with us for later.

The service at the Fairbanks is simply outstanding. Adrian was entertaining us with fun little stories, and was quick to get us anything we could possibly want or need and Luke never let our water glasses get below half full.

It was a little odd dining in Mississippi overall, only because I've become accustomed to all restaurants being non-smoking here in Ohio, so it was strange to see smoking sections and ashtrays in places that serve food. The Fairbanks was not smoky, and the smoking section must be far in the back, which was nice as far as I'm concerned. Although it is an upscale restaurant, it wasn't at all stuffy and you didn't have to feel self-conscious. The dress code is comfortable-casual (no tank tops, gentlemen!).

Given the price range of the menu, it's not a place you would probably visit frequently if in town for a few nights, but for a special occasion or something nicer than a buffet, I would recommend it to anyone!

2 Thank BlondWidow
New York City
“Best Steakhouse in Tunica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2008

After leaving Memphis, I spent several days in Tunica. I had read a good review in Casino Player magazine and decided to find the Hollywood casino and its Steakhouse and was not disappointed. We were met by the manager Gene Schnell and the matrie' d Werner and were seated by the window overlooking the casino. We were made very comfortable by them and they apparently were long time pros in the dining industry in Hawaii, Vegas and elsewhere. Most fascinating conversation. We had wine and started with the crab cakes which were excellent. I had the t-bone which was really cooked to perfection whereas I wanted it medium and chared on the outside and was presented as requested to perfection. The other steak was also cooked to perfection as well.

I went to other restaurants in Tunica, like the Chicago Steakhouse at Gold Strike and Twain's at Sams Town which were good too, but this Fairbanks Steakhouse stood out as the better restaurant and should be a stop for dinner on any trip to Tunica.

Say hi to the two gentleman who greet you. Good people there.

2 Thank NewYorkCityBill

Been to Fairbanks Steakhouse? Share your experiences!