“Great fun for all. Get outdoors and shoot a shot gun. Good value. My non-shootin”
Review of Willows Sporting Clays - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
More attraction details
Owner description: This club offers sporting clay and five-stand shooting.
Reviewed January 2, 2008

I took my wife (a non-shooter) and we had a ball. I shot the sporting clays. I drove the golf cart with a trapper (guide on board. My wife sat with me and I parked where she could see me hit (and miss) the targets. I shot over 50 times and the variety of stations had the clay targets coming from all different angles which adds to the fun.
It was a little cold and windy but we dressed warm.
It was just of the river so the scenery was good.
The price was great ($27 for 50 shots with your own gun and ammo OR $52 if you borrow their gun). Trap and skeet is only $10/$29 with their equipment and the duck flush $8/$17. What a deal. The trapper will instruct if you want him to.
They gave me free ear protection and were very friendly.
I am going to do it again this year (2008) inbetween playing poker at the Gold Strike.
No additional cost except tipping the trapper.
They also have quail hunting for about $250+. I did not do that.
(closed Mon and Tues)

2  Thank Chipslinger

Reviewed April 29, 2003

My wife and I both love sporting clays, and she loves to gamble. What better way to please both of us than to stay at the Tunica Grand and shoot at The Willows?I arrived early Friday afternoon to attend a concert that night. Upon my arrival, I was told that my guns would have to be placed in a lockbox at the hotel. This was a pleasant surprise, since I was somewhat concerned about leaving my locked gun case in the room when we weren't there. The front desk called a security officer who opened the door to the lockbox room and proceeded to assign me a box. They were similar to safe deposit boxes, in that two keys were required to open them. They were about the size of gym lockers. My SKB 2 gun breakdown case fit with no problem.I called The Willows and scheduled a flight time for 3pm. After checking out my gun, it was a short shuttle ride to the course. You can also take your personal/rental vehicle if you prefer. The clubhouse is nice, with the usual branded items available, along with cleaning supplies. I was rather surprised they didn't have any cleaning solutions (Shooters Choice/Hoppes) available. I hadn't brought any since I was sure it would break in my baggage. They have rental guns available for those who didn't bring theirs.After signing the usual waiver, I was sent out with a trapper. Their policy is that everyone is sent out with a trapper unless you are an NSCA (National Sporting Clays Assc) member. The clays (golf) carts are equipped with gun racks and plenty of space for your ammunition. So, we're off.The first thing I noticed is that there are three shooting boxes at each station. Each is colored different, depending on the difficulty. The easy station might be a lazy straight incomer while the difficult station would have the target as a quartering incomer.There is definitely a difference in presentations depending on your box preference. My first round, I shot a 79 from the easy stations. The next day, I shot a 65 from the hard stations! I finally wound up withfore we left.Something unique to The Willows is their duck flush. Two or three people stand in shooting boxes on the shore of a lake and a computer controlled trap setup throws 50 or 75 incoming targets from randomly selected traps. The three man flush can have as many as 6 targets in the air at once! Talk about fun! Be sure to have your ammo set up in pair if you have an over-under. Semi-auto and pump users can load as many shells as it can hold.All in all it was a great course. The towers were out of order during our trip, but these things happen. If you gamble quite a bit, check with the Casino Host for possible Willows comps.

21  Thank ClayShooter934