“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of MeridianEast / Toomsuba KOA

MeridianEast / Toomsuba KOA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Toomsuba
MeridianEast / Toomsuba KOA
You added MeridianEast / Toomsuba KOA to your Saves list
Platte City, Missouri
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Scrap yard down the street. Bunch of imbred heifers with major attitudes as employees. We requested and were told full hook ups we got electric and water while the staff that apparently lived there got all hook ups including sewer and the best sites, looked like a trailer park for them Looked like a nice place to stay until we listened to the white trash parents yelling at there kids until the kids invaded my campsite to get away from the parents. My kids went to the pool and seen what appeared to be employees off work drinking and cussing about there lives and kids. Would rather stay at a rest area on the highway than stay there ever again. Do not understand how they are KOA campground would never stay or recommend to anyone

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank Rob A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cairns, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Wow, do I start with the insanely rude staff, or their friends/family getting wasted at the entrance to the camp?
ok, I'll start with the fact it is right next to a junkyard/scrap metal facility.
We drove in, a lady in a KOA shirt walked in front of us, yelled at us to stop, then promptly disappeared.
We couldnt see the office, as another RV was blocking our view, we could however see her friends, apparently wasted drunk in the middle of the day.
After we sat there for 5 mins, I decided to investigate.
Found her in the office, with an extinguished, half smoked cigarette sitting on the counter.
Paid $45 on my credit card, (she would process it later as the internet was down in the office, as was the power it seemed).
Handed me a map, and said our guide would show us to our camp.
Our guide was nonetheless one of her buddies who was in thee crew drinking.
We were directed by this "gentleman" to our site.
Our site was the furthest site away from the entrance, with no phone reception.
It started to feel like the beginning of a horror movie.
My friends and I were discussing our options, when our charming host came to our site in a golf buggy, cigarette hanging from her mouth, to deliver a receipt.
Professionalism plus here guys!
We decided that we would rather drive on through to Alabama and find something better.
As we left within the hour, we got our money back.
We left our $10 worth of firewood behind, as it was full of spiders.
The site was fully serviced with full hookup.
We were 3 late 20's Aussie males, therefore thick skinned and not prudish or snobbish in any sense of the words.

Avoid this site if possible. I have never felt as unwelcome anywhere, as I did at this site.
The worst place we (almost) stayed in, our entire trip from California to Florida.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank Micksimpson
Cornwall, UK.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

A group of us stayed at this campsite for 1 night whilst travelling from Tennessee to new Orleans, and thank god it was only one night!! We were placed on a pitch to set our tents up which was right next to the entrance, and quite muddy! We were all awoken very early by what sounded like a house being bulldozed.. and barely slept as dogs near by the campsite were barking all night! Wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Danni_Sanders
Vinemont, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Geez Louise, where to start? OK, NOT close to the Interstate, my wife was certain I had my directions all screwed up, then, as we pass the scrapyard, I was doubting myself, but, unfortunately, I was right. Pulled up the doors are locked, lady comes out of mobile home on site to check us in. Then the next shock...$38 for a tent site? We were traveling on a motorcycle, the site they first took us too was a muddy mess, unlevel, and just plain terrible. We told the guy we need a different site, he said he'd go check...while he was gone we helped ourselves to a dry site, he came back and said that was fine, the ONLY good thing about this visit. The scrapyard, maybe 1/8 mile up the road is NOISY, and after dayshift shuts down, I guess it's their "junkyard dog", barks all night....ALL NIGHT!!!! The bathroom was clean and warm, although a muddy walk to get there. We were there in March, so the pool wasn't an issue, although it was green and very unkept looking. A worker at the Arbys out by the Interstate told us it's NOT a good neighborhood, and to not stay any longer than we had too.....As we were packing up to leave we looked around for a garbage can, couldn't find any...I guess that's why there was beer cans, and garbage thrown all around our site into the edge of the woods. We finally found a can in the pool area for our trash. I've stayed at KOA campgrounds years ago, 80's/early90's, I wonder why their standards have dropped so. I'll stick to State Parks from now on.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
2 Thank Allen G
Abbotsford, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Don't stay here! $41 and no Tv!!! The concrete pad was broken and sloped. The gravel under it was washed out and we scraped the motor homes back all the way out. The guy who showed us to the site was carrying a beer with him, the woman who checked us in was rude. I would not recommend this park.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Echograndy4
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We choose to stay here because the website implied it was right off the freeway. It is NOT! We just needed a one night stop over. Thought I was lost at first before finding the place. Then we were disappointed to see how muddy the place was. Our trailer was on rocks but everything else was muddy. It was a challenge to pull out and our truck/trailer were covered with mud. At one point a large motorhome pulled up next to us just to dump the tanks but the noise from their engine and exhaust drifted into our trailer for the 20 minutes they were there. Feel pretty certain I won't choose to stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mushmom2
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The KOA website lost my information and the clerk at the park tried to charge me more that the Internet reservation. The park is not anywhere close to the Interstate, and just down the road from an very unsightly scrap metal business.

On arrival we were told that they had pushed the water off our site, because of the rain. We did not know that meant the sparely graveled site was a mud pit with no way to get out of the park without slinging mud all over our rig and towed car.

Restrooms were dirty and stopped up and the pool was green.

The laundry room was cool and clean, but as stated in other reviews, most of the campsites were occupied by workers and not leisure campers, so we had to compete with them to use the washers

I am throwing my KOA directory away and staying in Good Sam parks from now on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Linda F

Been to MeridianEast / Toomsuba KOA? Share your experiences!