WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Muddy sight, Scrapyard noise during the day..barking dogs at night” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of MeridianEast / Toomsuba KOA

MeridianEast / Toomsuba KOA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Toomsuba
MeridianEast / Toomsuba KOA
Vinemont, Alabama
“Muddy sight, Scrapyard noise during the day..barking dogs at night”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Geez Louise, where to start? OK, NOT close to the Interstate, my wife was certain I had my directions all screwed up, then, as we pass the scrapyard, I was doubting myself, but, unfortunately, I was right. Pulled up the doors are locked, lady comes out of mobile home on site to check us in. Then the next shock...$38 for a tent site? We were traveling on a motorcycle, the site they first took us too was a muddy mess, unlevel, and just plain terrible. We told the guy we need a different site, he said he'd go check...while he was gone we helped ourselves to a dry site, he came back and said that was fine, the ONLY good thing about this visit. The scrapyard, maybe 1/8 mile up the road is NOISY, and after dayshift shuts down, I guess it's their "junkyard dog", barks all night....ALL NIGHT!!!! The bathroom was clean and warm, although a muddy walk to get there. We were there in March, so the pool wasn't an issue, although it was green and very unkept looking. A worker at the Arbys out by the Interstate told us it's NOT a good neighborhood, and to not stay any longer than we had too.....As we were packing up to leave we looked around for a garbage can, couldn't find any...I guess that's why there was beer cans, and garbage thrown all around our site into the edge of the woods. We finally found a can in the pool area for our trash. I've stayed at KOA campgrounds years ago, 80's/early90's, I wonder why their standards have dropped so. I'll stick to State Parks from now on.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
2 Thank Allen G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Abbotsford, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Don't stay here! $41 and no Tv!!! The concrete pad was broken and sloped. The gravel under it was washed out and we scraped the motor homes back all the way out. The guy who showed us to the site was carrying a beer with him, the woman who checked us in was rude. I would not recommend this park.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Echograndy4
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We choose to stay here because the website implied it was right off the freeway. It is NOT! We just needed a one night stop over. Thought I was lost at first before finding the place. Then we were disappointed to see how muddy the place was. Our trailer was on rocks but everything else was muddy. It was a challenge to pull out and our truck/trailer were covered with mud. At one point a large motorhome pulled up next to us just to dump the tanks but the noise from their engine and exhaust drifted into our trailer for the 20 minutes they were there. Feel pretty certain I won't choose to stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mushmom2
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

The KOA website lost my information and the clerk at the park tried to charge me more that the Internet reservation. The park is not anywhere close to the Interstate, and just down the road from an very unsightly scrap metal business.

On arrival we were told that they had pushed the water off our site, because of the rain. We did not know that meant the sparely graveled site was a mud pit with no way to get out of the park without slinging mud all over our rig and towed car.

Restrooms were dirty and stopped up and the pool was green.

The laundry room was cool and clean, but as stated in other reviews, most of the campsites were occupied by workers and not leisure campers, so we had to compete with them to use the washers

I am throwing my KOA directory away and staying in Good Sam parks from now on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Linda F
Kinder, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were immediately disappointed in this KOA as we drove up. It was nearly full of pipeline workers! Great income for the park, but that is not a family type, vacationing atmosphere. That is a trailer park. I refuse to stay at any business advertised as a "mobile home and rv park" and that is what this KOA was when we stayed.

Nothing was paved. Picnic tables were old and dirty. I have never seen a sofa and love seat at the dump station anywhere!

As a plus, the pool area did look OK from the truck as we left.

I would not recommend this KOA for families. It's a trailer park, plain and simple. We arrived just before dark, spent the night and left early the next morning.

Stayed in the KOA in Baton Rouge, LA in March of 2013. It had many workers living there also, but they were grouped together in the back of the park while the entire front section was reserved for vacationers. Much better setup than Toomsuba.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank highpocket74

Been to MeridianEast / Toomsuba KOA? Share your experiences!