“Awesome place for hikers!”

Tishomingo State Park
Booneville, Mississippi
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Awesome place for hikers!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This isn't my favorite place ever, but it is my favorite place in my home state of Mississippi! I love going places to hike and the 13 miles of hiking trails here are the best I've found in Mississippi. This place reminds me of the smokies. There are streams, a small waterfall (depending on the weather), large boulders, cliffs, old cabins, and overall, great hiking trails (non paved). I've seen people come here to rock climb and this must be the only place in Mississippi that you can do this. If you enjoy disk golf, this is your place. I think they said there are 3 disk golf courses inside the park now. I don't play it myself, but I did notice disk golf "holes" all over the place. If you are here in an RV and looking for a great big lake with a nice view then you will probably be disappointed. While there are plenty of RV parking places, the lake is very small and tends to run low the last few years making it even smaller. The swinging bridge built by the CCC is, undoubtedly, the park's crown jewel. It spans across Bear Creek to the hiking trails on the other side of the bridge. The trails on this side are a little tougher than those on the side you park on and are very enjoyable.

I know this place has cabins but I've never stayed there and cannot comment on them. I also know there is a nature museum there but it hasn't been open for years. I would love to see this reopened.

If you like hiking then don't skip this place.

Visited June 2012
9 Thank jbphillips2001

tupelo, ms
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Beautiful Park!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is the nicest park I have been to in MS. Great place for Camping. Good hiking and 3 nice Disc Golf courses.

Visited September 2011
4 Thank jaswan79
Nettleton, Mississippi, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bliss”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have loved this park since I was a child! It is a wonderful day trip from Tupelo, MS and my children were introduced to it during Spring Breaks from School each year!!! Beautiful photos and outdoors hiking!!!! Lots of energy is required so be ready to travel by foot. Take a backpack with bottled water and snacks! Great Family time!!!

Visited March 2012
6 Thank Ida G
“Could have been better”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We did primitive camping and our site was very spacious but when we drove around we noticed that ours was about the only one that was. The other sites were right on top of each other with no real place for a tent.
We went for the hiking but only one trail is kept at all and it was hard to follow because of user made side trails and a tree in the middle of the path. On that trail was some beautiful views that made it all worth it.
We also did the canoe trip which was great. It was mostly a float with a few class one rapids. The trip was full so make reservations if you wanna do it.
We didnt swim but the pool looked really nice. Overall it was a pleasant stay. It I wish the trails were kept nice because the scenery is beautiful.

Cabot, Arkansas
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 189 helpful votes
“Wish We Had Known”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We had only little time and only drove through. Found it while driving "The Trace". We will be back to really explore and stay.

Visited May 2012