“Once We Found It, It Was Great”

Hampton Inn Starkville
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Carthage, Texas, United States
“Once We Found It, It Was Great”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We booked the Hampton Inn in Starkville, and, after a seven hour drive, our GPS sent us four miles down the road. I stopped at the "You have arrived at your destination" and called the number of the hotel. The desk clerk told me that sometimes GPS directions don't work correctly. I think the hotel's address may be wrong on the Hilton website. We arrived right behind a high school math and science group who were there for a robotics competition. Thankfully, their sponsor waved us to the front of the line and let us check in. The hotel is not new, and the room seemed smaller than some of the newer Hampton Inn facilities, but the bed was just as wonderful. The room was clean, the heating/cooling system worked well and allowed me to run the fan sound all night, which helps me sleep in a hotel room. Breakfast was good, as always, and the hotel staff person was friendly and helpful with breakfast. The pool was covered for the season, but that was not a problem for us. In some markets, Hampton Inn is pricing itself out of competition for us, and here, the rate was higher than some other options. After that long drive, though, we wanted a comfortable bed, and you can't beat a Hampton Inn for that.

Room Tip: We lucked out and had a room facing the pool. I wouldn't want to be on the end facing the street...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Olive Branch, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We enjoyed this Hampton - we stayed overnight before the Fall Preview Stay at MS State. Great beds, clean smell and great location. Do not follow the directions on GPS or Google Maps - they send you in a circle. Call the front desk for easy directions!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

gulfport, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the hotel staff was very nice and friendly. The beds were very comfortable. I will stay here again. It is also located right next to the campus of Mississippi State University.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Boulder, CO
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Was in Starkville for a Miss St. football game.

Hampton Inns are my go to chain when traveling. Reliable internet, decent cable tv options, free coffee in the morning.

Unfortunately, the Hampton Inn in Starkville is located on a busy corner near MSU that has NO crosswalk. So even though there is a coffee cafe across the street only way to get there safely is in your car. Want to go to Miss St. campus, well you better be prepared to drive or walk along the highway, even though stadium is less than a 1/4 of mile away.

Additionally, I was in room 120 and the sink clogged up. I let front desk, who were super friendly, know and they drained it but it clogged up again. They seemed to know about the problem which implied this had been going on and not fixed correctly in the past.

Overall, options in Starkville are limited, for football games Comfort Inn might be better as you can walk safely across bridge to campus and the game.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Friendly staff, clean & nicely appointed. House keeping & breakfast staff very accommodating. Conveniently located near restaurants & the University. The price of the room with breakfast included is a very good value. I'd stay at this Hampton Inn in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn last April, and we enjoyed our stay very much. I've read some negative reviews about the rooms, but I was actually very pleased with our accomodations. For a mid level hotel, I found the rooms to be clean and spacious and the lobby to be beautiful. I especially liked the MSU themed decor located throughout the hotel. Regarding breakfast, it was what I expected. Perhaps the hotel's most impressive amenity is its proximity to MSU. The Junction is literally within walking distance - always a game day advantage. However, what we enjoyed the most was the friendly staff. They were very courteous and helped us whenever we had a question. Overall, a nice staff, great location, and a beautiful lobby. Great visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GabeSmith, General Manager at Hampton Inn Starkville, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you so much, jello, for taking the time to mention what a great experience you had at our hotel this spring! It's great to be remembered so long after your stay, and I'm truly happy to hear it was such a good one.

We take pride in our look, our amenities, and our convenient location, and I'm always overjoyed when our service gets singled out as exceptional - we could have the lushest packaging in the world at our disposal, and it wouldn't mean anything without a great service team to back it up.

Thank you for spreading the good word about our hotel, and I look forward to having you back with us next time you're in town.
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The check-in experience was quick and efficient. Lis at the front desk was very helpful with some information we needed. The room was nice. It seemed like the furnishing were an older style. But it was still a very nice stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

GabeSmith, General Manager at Hampton Inn Starkville, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thanks, Bryan L, for the kudos and for all your site contributions as a Senior Reviewer - believe me, there's little that makes a General Manager happier than a five-star review.

I'm especially thrilled to see you single out the service you received at our hotel, and from Lis in particular. Lis is one of our newest guest servive agents, and I know she'll be heartened to read that she made such a positive difference during your stay.

Thank you for all the kind words and scores, and we look forward to having you with us again the next time you're in Starkville! Have a great day!