Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Starkville
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$64
La Quinta Inn & Suites Starkville at MSU(Starkville)(Great Value!)
$95
Travelocity
Hotel Chester(Starkville)(Great Value!)
$81
$93
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Talk about bed bugs....my 73 year old father was victim to bed bugs in his room. My room had no A/C and so we had to be moved to another disaster room. Under the beds were nasty and dirty. Outlet plugs were so damaged, I was afraid to plug my laptop into it for fear of getting electrocuted. The decor was from the 1950's with lamp shades totally distroyed but fortunate that one light did work. Carpet was nasty and so we dared not go bare-footed. Sheets appeared to be clean but once the nasty comforter was pulled down, there was two pieces of some type of matter that got cleaned with sheets as if the sheets were not shaken out before washed and dryed. Pieces of bug? dried feces? dried clump of dust? Could not tell what it was. The reason I stayed here is there was no other hotel vacancy around for our football game at MSU. The pool water was green!!!!! Nasty. I will never stay at this hotel again and would not recommend it. IT IS NOT FIT FOR MY DOG!! We paid $130 for one night...HIGH PRICE FOR THIS BUG INFESTED PLACE. Next time, I will drive an hour to Philadelphia, MS to stay for the same price. Problem is during game season it is hard to find reservations in Starkville, West Point, Columbus for the games. I am going to another game and was lucky to get reservations in Columbus.

Room Tip: Abosolutely NO helpful tips for travelers. Hotel needs complete renovations WITH complete infestation of bugs to be solved.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank thedaycasa
Reviewed June 25, 2011

So i brought my family down to Starkville for a wedding and we decided to stay in a cheaper hotel to save on some money. It doesn't take much to provide a place for us to lay our heads but this place needs alot of TLC. The rooms weren't the worst i have stayed in but it was close 2nd. The rooms need the carpet cleaned and the funky smell removed. The fire alarm was hanging from our ceiling by one wire. The cleaning staff was less than professional smoking cigarettes in the rooms while they were cleaning them. Also drinking beer on the job literally!!!! I understand that the qualification for the job is breathing but really!! The exterior of the hotel was sketchy as can be. I would stay here again because it was cheap but i will try the days inn next!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bokdogs
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I should have seen the writing on the wall when I arrived, but there was no other rooms available in any other decent hotels. My shower rod was completely pulled out of the
wall and has been for some time because all the water ran on the floor when you showered and the tile was seperating from the floor. Beer bottles lying all over the property, run had a funky smell. If you need a cheap room to cook meth, this is your place. Also had to step over a used condom in the parking lot to get in my truck?????
Worst hotel I have ever stayed in

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DickyNixonxDOD
Reviewed February 7, 2011

We have stayed at many America's Best Value Inns and been very satisfied with our experience, but our stay in Starkville, MS was deplorable, and if we had never stayed at this chain before, we would certainly never do it again! Our experience included: electrical outlets with no covers that had to be jiggled to access electricity; shower faucet was reversed with no indication of the discrepancy, which resulted in not having hot water for showers; coffee pot was in room but no electrical appliance to brew it; no alarm clock; continental breakfast consisted of stale muffins and cereal and was not available until 7:45 am on our second day; trash, beer bottles on the grounds; broken marble slab lying on ground; tiles were hanging from the ceiling and the metal frame they were to fit in was bent so they could not be reinserted; Value Club membership was unfamiliar to staff and not honored; wireless internet did not work first night; room cards were rekeyed in our absence even though we were still residing there and staff had to be contacted to get in. Our experience speaks for itself--a very poor representation of this hotel chain and management.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2010

This hotel is a DUMP!!! We checked in with 4 other families for a football weekend trip. Our room had garbage under the bed, under and in the sleeper sofa, and behind the dresser. And it had roach droppings in the sleeper. And I had to ask them twice to clean it up!! AND ours wasn't even the worse room - one other couple had a used condom on the floor in their room!!!! (they did switch rooms, but they were all dirty).

We had no other choice but to stay here since it was a busy football game weekend so everyone went to the Dollar store and bought our own sheets to sleep on.

I will definitely never stay in another America's Best Value hotel again - anywhere!!! There is no VALUE in sleeping in nastiness!!! This owner has no concept of customer satisfaction!!! Therefore, I will not give them the satisfaction of making another $$ off of me!!!

P.S. I see at the bottom of this review where I could attach pictures....had I known that this weekend I could have taken pictures that would definitely turn you away from this hotel!!!

DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU JUST REALLY ONLY CARE ABOUT A CHEAP PLACE TO SLEEP!!!

• Stayed: November 2010