“Smelly, dirty rooms”

Days Inn & Suites Starkville
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Reviewed May 6, 2009

We booked this room during Graduation weekend, it was ALL that was available. We were there for our son's college baseball game. The room "reeked" of smoke and the decor was outdated. We checked in @ 3:00 and the rooms were not ready. Our friends had to wait in our room for 45 min. The smoke smelled worse, the longer the a/c ran. I saw long, dark female hairs and several rust spots on the bed linens. The pool had yet to be uncovered for the season. The deck chairs were upside-down on the patio.The bathroom floor was not clean, nor was the tub! I would not recommend this site to anyone. We checked out and went across the street to a great clean room @ Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank vsh54

Reviewed April 29, 2009

I was charged for a room that I did not stay in. I booked a reservation and was not told of any cancellation policy. The standat in the industry is 6:00 day of arrival. This manager "Ali" said the cancellation policy was 1:00 the day before arrival. There was no latitude here. The need the money worse than I do. They should use it to improve the place.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank bixtraveller99
Reviewed January 22, 2009

This was the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed at. When we got our room keys we went up to our room to change. They were cleaning our room when we got there and had to wait. You don't give keys out when the rooms are being cleaned. When we finally got into the room, it had a terrible odor. Almost like wet dog. Keep in mind that the maid just left. I noticed that the toilet was not bolted down. I could pick the toilet up. When you sat on the toilet it just rocked back and forth. After flushing this toilet let out a horrendous sound. It did that everytime. After not getting too much sleep since we were scared someone would come into our room, we got up the next day ready to get out of this dump. My wife goes to take a shower. She comes out and says that there are ants all over the tub. I took Lysol that we had bought the night before and sprayed the ants. She said that she would just not take a shower. I wanted to so I said that I would. Of course, no hot water. Plenty of hot water in the sink but the shower had none.
If every other hotel in Starkville is booked just sleep in your car.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank H20sno
Reviewed August 19, 2008

This was the worst place in the world to stay. We were bit all over with bed bugs and there were used hyperdermic needlles in our room!! The staff would not help, the manager has not called to apologize or ask questions. please value your safety and health and not stay here. sleep in your car if you have too. this place was filthy. May the giant bedbug eat the owner tonight!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ttisdale158
Reviewed August 16, 2008

After having read several poor reviews on the internet - especially the 'Bad Night In Starkville' review on Tripadvisor - I was a little worried about staying here. Also, at $76.29 (including tax) it's a little overpriced.
The rooms are a little small but they were clean. The furniture was somewhat old but they had just finished replacing all the beds in the entire motel. That was a plus. They had actual coffee mugs in the rooms - as opposed to paper ones. I had a whirlpool bath in my room, which was unexpected. Too bad it didn't work...that would have been nice.
The breakfast is a little skimpy. In a way it's good that's there is so little on offer for breakfast because the breakfast area itself is also almost nonexistent.
There are plenty of motels to choose from in this town and if it's up to me I probably will choose a different one next time.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2008

June 06, 2008

Thought this would be an ok place to stay, but when I went to my room, I smelled something very oderous !! Something surley was wrong. Checked the room out and the bed litterley was extremely worn out . The middle of the bed was comepletely sunk in , kinda reminded me of a horse shoe . The comode is in very dangerous shape , really don't know how the management is getting by with this . I litterley was afraid . Of course I paid with a credit card and they refused to take the charges off my card . I complained , but they said they didn't have any more rooms. I couldn't take it no more this place seemed like a dump to me. When I finally left , I found out they even charged me more ( $10.00 ) on my card than they told me . What a rip off, gonna try to get room taken off my card...I went on down the road..

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank pebbles90
Reviewed April 14, 2008

This was my third stay at this hotel. I have had no problems to speak of. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was nothing special, and a sign said you couldn't take it back to your room. Bed was hard.
I felt safe enough there, no noisy parties going on. Very handy if you need to make trips to MSU. Right turn with traffic, sure saved time. Traffic can be a problem at times. I noticed a website that said they accepted pets, but there is a sign on lobby door stating otherwise. Price was around $70.00 for room I was in. Room was clean. Needs some updating, but was comfortable enough. I liked having an ironing board and iron, hairdryer, and refrigerator and microwave. Days Inn is located directly accross the street from a really nice Piggly Wiggly. I will probably stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family