“So Tired of Being Inconsistent”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Veranda

The Veranda
Reserve with OpenTable
The Veranda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 126 Restaurants in Starkville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Locksley Way
Gulf Coast
“So Tired of Being Inconsistent”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My family dined here on many occasions as our children marched through their college years. We now return for other reasons from time to time. Lunch has always been a pleasure but dinner has gotten so inconsistent...service is sporadic and uneven as our salads and entrees arrived at the table within a few seconds of one another on our last visit. One meal was really good and another only average at best. This makes it very difficult to return as I like to know what to expect when I eat out. On top of this, for some unknown reason, they now think it is a good idea to have the outdoor, smoking area adjacent to the main entrance. That's really what I want to walk through before and after a meal. The Veranda has all the pieces in place to be very good but appears to be satisfied with just being pretty good(sometimes).

• Visited January 2013

“Great atmosphere , even better meal !!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Seared Sesame Ahi Tuna was a great choice. Great atmosphere, great service, EXCELLENT meal. Try the gordonzola salad as a starter!

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Best Restaurant In The Golden Triangle”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have eaten at The Veranda on several occasions and can't get enough of the wonderful food!!! Their fish, especially the Ahi tuna and the salmon, can't be beat. And the steaks.... I can't remember when I've had a better one! The steaks are served with an incredible mashed potato dish, Yukon Gold with gorgonzola cheese. I could make a meal out of those all by themselves!! The servers are very attentive and the atmosphere is pleasant. I don't mind driving 45 minutes to get to Starkville, just to go to The Veranda!!!

• Visited November 2012
Gainesville, Florida
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I am happy that this place has some items just for vegetarians. It is highly appreciated! I was able to find at least a few things, and chose a salad, but unfortunately most of these options were loaded with garlic/onion, and I dislike these, especially the smell. I have not asked to have a dish without these, though.

Dessert was very good as well and I think that I would like to come back, even if just for this coffee and dessert!

The prices could be slightly lower for some of the dishes, too.

• Visited October 2012
Philadelphia, Mississippi
“Loads of fun”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

You will enjoy your experience at the veranda. Great food wonderful atmosphere. Everyone is very friendly

Visited February 2012