“"steak" house ha that's a joke” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Starkville, Mississippi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"steak" house ha that's a joke”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

cappes has a great lunch optiion but one evening i decided i'd try a nice steak turns out i didnt get what i wanted i couldve cooked a better one at home

Visited May 2012

Tupelo, Mississippi
“if you're in a steak and baked potato mood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

very homey and casual...like home cooking...if you're in a classic steak and baked potato mood.

“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

After reading the review on trip advisor I was excited to try the steak. Our service was terrible. I ordered my steak rare and I got it medium well. When I sent it back I got a raw ice cold replacement. I would recommend you stay away.

1 Thank katiekiss
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Get treated like a local without making the move”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

I lived in Starkville for a year before I tried Cappe's. I had heard from professors and other locals that Cappe's was the place for a steak. Coach Mullen has them come out to cater new recruits and celebrate major wins. I was also wary after hearing it was a real no frills kinda place.
The food was awesome, large portions and eager to please. Unlike some places I've been to they will customize your salad and sides, as in my companion is taking blood thinner they made a special blend of grilled veggies for him so there wouldn't be any broccoli in it. Steaks were tender and cooked as ordered. We didn't have to wait very long either. Food and drinks were brought out at a good pace.
That said, most of their employees are young, local girls. We have dined here during lunch and had to wait because our waitress was ogling boys instead of attending to her tables. The other staff members were quick to correct her and stepped in so our overall experience was not hurt in the least. The decor is wood paneled and very rustic. If you want an upscale experience, go somewhere else. If you are more about good food at a good price then this may be your thing. http://www.campusspecial.com/mississippi-state has printable coupons for the place as well.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank EverydayVacation
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Crappy country atmosphere, that's for sure. Crowded and dirty-feeling. The food is well worth putting up with all...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2008

Crappy country atmosphere, that's for sure. Crowded and dirty-feeling. The food is well worth putting up with all that, but then you'll regret the grease fest later. Save your money and go visit your mother - if you live close enough to be going to Cappe's, chances are your Southern mother can cook just as well.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook