“Not impressed”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Starkville, Mississippi
“Not impressed”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I went there once on a Sunday after church. We did not try the BBQ, but would be willing to give it a try. There was only one couple ordering at the counter ahead of us and we waited, I know 5 minutes or more for their order to be placed. After we ordered and sat down, we waited AT LEAST a half hour for our food which was not made there but frozen/deep fried and not great. I could have had better if I had picked up frozen food at Kroger and fried it myself. I drive by there all the time and there are just a few cars parked out front at any given time.

• Visited June 2013

Vicksburg, Mississippi
“Good BBQ!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Three Little Pigs is on "the strip" in Starkville and has some good BBQ. Portions are good sized and filling. As a return customer, we will probably be back again in the future.

• Visited September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great little BBQ spot.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went here for the first time on a football gameday. We were surprised that there were very few people dining, although it was an odd time (about 3:00 in the afternoon). It made us slightly leery at first, but we had heard good things about the food.

The first thing that really struck us was the prices on the menu. Good barbeque is generally much more expensive. My wife and I each ordered the brisket plate, which included fries, baked beans, cole slaw, and a roll along with the brisket and sauce. The total price for two plates plus two large drinks was just under $20.

The food was mostly great. The beans tasted canned and weren't anything special, but the fries, cole slaw, and bread roll were all very good. And the brisket and sauce were both fantastic. My one complaint would be that you don't get very much brisket with the plate, so get the large plate. But for the price you pay, the quality of the food can't be beat. Check it out.

• Visited September 2013
“If you can't smell it from outside, it's not "real" bbq!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

After trying this place twice, we gave up on it. The time we waited to place and receive our order seemed inordinate to the number of customers. The portions were small for what we paid (my husband's x-large looked the same as my reg.) Out of all the things we tried, none of it was good. As I have learned over the years, if you can't smell the BBQ smoke when you're standing in the parking lot, chances are good the bbq itself is not going be good. Will never go back and would not recommend it to anyone!!!

• Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Good Memphis style BBQ in no frills dining room”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This is some good BBQ if you like Memphis style. Well priced, well smoked pork. Sauce is mild hot or mixed. Hot is not crazy hot but that's good, since it lets you enjoy smoke flavor. Slaw on top. Sit inside so you're cool and can watch tv, unlike outdoor eateries. I'll definitely hit this again when I'm in Town.

• Visited June 2013