Tripadvisor
Starkville
Post
Inbox
Search

“Excellent food and server”
Review of Restaurant Tyler

Restaurant Tyler
Ranked #7 of 146 Restaurants in Starkville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant uses regional ingredients to produce consistently great meals.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food and server ! Sorority Sister Reunion made it unbearable with the older ladies shrieking and laughing . Must have been 50 of them and wow . So rude . I know the staff were tapped out ! Will try again when back in town, and hopefully it will be a better atmosphere!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (127)

Reviewed November 30, 2019 via mobile

Visited the restaurant during a weekend visit. The upstairs bar was makeshift and the service upstairs was slow, while our drinks were made incorrectly.

However, our food and service in the "regular" floor was excellent. Our server was helpful. Definitely suggest it.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

Today I met my family and friends for brunch and we unfortunately were treated unfairly. They have a policy that says they will not seat a party until all guests have arrived which is fair but it is not fair that the policy does not apply to everyone. Five out of seven of our guests were present two were parking and the hostess refused to seat us. A few moments later a woman walked up and went to the hostess and said I’m meeting some people they’re already seated. After hearing this, we asked the hostess why is that her party was seated and we cannot be seated. Her first response, “I saw her park”, her second response, “Oh I know them they eat here weekly”. A policy is not a policy if it is not applied to everyone regardless of the regularity of their visits to the restaurant. The hostess became visibly annoyed and went to get her manager, without us asking to do so. He comes outside immediately on the defensive. He was dismissive and treated us as if our business did not matter. I had the chicken and waffles. The chicken lacked flavor and left much to be desired. The waffle was good as was the butter.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 26, 2019

The cheesy grits are so delicious. And the crawfish sauce is amazing. Brunch was a delight! Definitely a great restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

A welcome break from burgers and barbecue! The Sunday brunch crush seemed as delighted as we were by Restaurant Tyler’s offerings. Salads were fresh and tasty, biscuits proved delicious and the Southern Hash must have been great since it disappoints so fast. I think we found our new Starkville favorite!

Date of visit: August 2019