“Keeps me coming back!”

Restaurant Tyler
Ranked #5 of 127 Restaurants in Starkville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant uses regional ingredients to produce consistently great meals.
Philadelphia, Mississippi
“Keeps me coming back!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We live an hour away and it is definitely worth the drive. I have loved everything I've ever had there. My favorites are the duck breast, duck burger, and the grits. I would pay good money just for those grits. There are always new menu items to try. I could make a meal out of the amuse bouche that is offered by the chef at the beginning. As for the price, I think it is very reasonable for this type if restaurant. The people that complain about it being too expensive have never really eaten somewhere expensive apparently.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank a39350

Nashville, Tennessee
“What you pay is NOT what you get!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Starkville certainly has a need for a few "fancier" places. However, not only is the food not good for the price you pay, the food is just plain not good. Overpriced, slow service, and a poor wine menu for the level of restaurant they claim to be. The place will survive because it fills a niche in the area, but a competitor is needed to make RT step their game up. The atmosphere is the best part, with exposed brick walls and a lively (yet not too loud) crowd.

We have tried RT a few times, simply because we WANT it to be good. Unfortunately, it continues to disappoint. Better options in Starkville.

• Visited January 2014
Starkville, MS
“Decent food but nothing special.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went for dinner. The food is fine, but nothing special. It is over-priced for what you get. I am not sure what they are trying to accomplish with the atmosphere, but it has no appeal. Looks run down. It was cold outside (around 40 degrees) and it was cold inside as well. We had to eat in our jackets. The servers do a good job.

• Visited December 2013
Alabama
“Best Food Around!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Great food, chef uses local whenever available. The Brunch is fabulous - I have literally traveled the world and haven't found a better brunch meal than what I are here. The plate lunches, while limited in selection, are very well prepared - especially the fried chicken. Dinner is also a delight, though again the menu selection is limited, the preparation is perfect. And the bar makes the best Old Fashions.
If you enjoy what passes for standard dinner fare in this area, this isn't the restaurant for you. But if you truly like DIning vs just eating out - don't miss this great restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank ts19384
Locust Fork, Alabama
“Just no”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

There was nothing I enjoyed about this place. I went with a group of 6 ages 17-60 NONE of us liked it. We went for lunch and the menu was so limited we all got salads. The lettuce was not good and it was extremely expensive. We all ended up getting dollar menu McDonalds on the way out because we were still hungry but couldn't afford to go anywhere else.