Hotel Chester
$95
Courtyard
La Quinta Inn & Suites Starkville at MSU(Starkville)(Great Value!)
$89
La Quinta
$99
$89
ComfortSuites
$58
$64
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeer gardenmade to order breakfastgordon ramseychain hotelsboutique hotelmain streetpleasure of stayingeggs benedictrecommend hotellast fallhistoric placerestaurants and barsdeluxe king roomkind owneraround midnighthistoric feelhotel owner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stumbled onto this hotel when we lost our reserved rooms at a well-known hotel chain. Yes, it is old but you won't find anything dirty or not working. The beds are VERY comfortable. After my first visit, I went home and ordered the same pillows for my own bed. Breakfast is cooked to order and included with your stay. The Library restaurant is intimate and a nice place to retreat in the evening for a drink or a meal. Sukie, one of the proprieters, manages the kitchen -- the menu includes Asian as well as American dishes. Haven't had a bad meal yet! We are always greeted warmly by David and Sukie and made to feel as if we are their most important customers -- which of course we can't be! If you love B&Bs, I would say this is a perfect place for you.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center or swimming pool at the facility. Wonderful outdoor seating in the back garden area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank LJB0805
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel was nice, room was clean, bed was very comfy, but no curtains in the room. There were blinds but the room was light all night then VERY light once the sun rose early on Sunday morning. I need some dark to sleep. I won't stay there again only because of the light.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank CarolAnneS396
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hotel Chester was recommended by Rick at Rick'sCafe in Starkville. What a pleasure to stay there! Bill, the owner checked us in and made sure we had everything we needed or wanted! I don't know when this man sleeps...he was there when we checked in, when we came back in at midnight, and when we checked out. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are comfortable, the staff is welcoming, and the complimentary full breakfast very good. We will only stay at the Hotel Chester if we are back in Starkville.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Batchy66
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is an older hotel in downtown Starkville. It is a 20 minute little over a mile walk to the campus of Mississippi State. The walk is along tree lined residential streets and is quite enjoyable. As this is an older hotel the rooms are smaller than newer properties. It is not fully accessable for those who have special needs. There is an elevator but the small rooms and some stairs for some rooms may cause issues. I found the room perfectly adequate but i was by myself. It may be tight for two people. The room was clean and well appointed. No fridge or microwave but I don't really need them. I stayed for 4 nights for business and only woke up early due to the city street cleaners outside once. It was surprisingly quiet. The breakfast is fantastic. Cooked to order eggs, waffles and/or meat. Really yummy. Plenty of parking is available on the street or in a city lot less than a block away. Parking was not an issue for me at all. Great place with helpful staff. Next time you are in town, give them a try.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank HenryFlagler
Reviewed August 13, 2012

As parents of an incoming freshman at MSU, we stayed at Hotel Chest on Move In Day. I had read the reviews prior to scheduling and agree with the positive comments. The room was somewhat quite (we did hear the occassional alarm sound, louder than most cars), traditional decor, staff were accommodating, and convenient to most things within the town. We plan to stay here again for an upcoming football game and have already recommended to other parents.

Room Tip: View of the downtown area from our 3rd floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family