“A classic.”
Review of Hotel Chester

Hotel Chester
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is an older hotel in downtown Starkville. It is a 20 minute little over a mile walk to the campus of Mississippi State. The walk is along tree lined residential streets and is quite enjoyable. As this is an older hotel the rooms are smaller than newer properties. It is not fully accessable for those who have special needs. There is an elevator but the small rooms and some stairs for some rooms may cause issues. I found the room perfectly adequate but i was by myself. It may be tight for two people. The room was clean and well appointed. No fridge or microwave but I don't really need them. I stayed for 4 nights for business and only woke up early due to the city street cleaners outside once. It was surprisingly quiet. The breakfast is fantastic. Cooked to order eggs, waffles and/or meat. Really yummy. Plenty of parking is available on the street or in a city lot less than a block away. Parking was not an issue for me at all. Great place with helpful staff. Next time you are in town, give them a try.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank HenryFlagler

Reviewed August 13, 2012

As parents of an incoming freshman at MSU, we stayed at Hotel Chest on Move In Day. I had read the reviews prior to scheduling and agree with the positive comments. The room was somewhat quite (we did hear the occassional alarm sound, louder than most cars), traditional decor, staff were accommodating, and convenient to most things within the town. We plan to stay here again for an upcoming football game and have already recommended to other parents.

Room Tip: View of the downtown area from our 3rd floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank debvhorne
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Not only is the Hotel Chester a wonderful hotel to stay in; their honesty is unquestionable! We spent a night there last week and after checking out we went to breakfast. While eating, I received a call from Dave telling me that I had left a bank envelope with cash and my driver's license in it. I can't tell you, Dave, how thankful I am for that call!!!!!! A really superb place to stay! Thank you again-
Annette Pucheu

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank annettepucheu
Reviewed June 13, 2012

To me, a hotel stay isn't just about the cleanliness, cost, or style of a place, it's also about how comfortable you are made to feel, and how you are treated by the staff. The Hotel Chester sets the standard for me. It is clean, comfortable, nicely located, and run by a family that makes you feel as though you are very special. Kindness is the word that comes to my mind. The restaurant in the hotel is top notch - delicious dinner and so wonderfully decorated and intimate. And the custom-made complimentary breakfast was outstanding. (The chef has talent). All of this for an incredible price. I probably won't ever be back in Starkville, but if I am, you can bet I'll stay here.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank LauraBSpa
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Having never been to Mississippi, I had no idea where to stay when I came down for business. My local manager told me to give Dave at the Hotel Chester a call. I am glad I did.

I stayed for five days. Dave and the rest of the staff made me feel as though I was the only guest in the hotel. Dave greeted me every morning and every evening upon my return regardless of what time I seemed to leave or return to the hotel.

The accommodations are very comfortable and are very reminiscent of staying at grandma's house. The breakfast is included and made to order and very delicious. The hotel is definitely a nice break from the generic chain hotels that populate the landscape. There are several good restaurants within walking distance and Dave is willing to make a recommendation about any service/destination of which you inquire.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank igor948
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Hotel Chester was a great welcome to Starkville, MS! The owner, David, checked us in, made us feel very welcome, and made sure we had everything we needed, including some very entertaining conversations. We got upgraded to a King and the bed was absolutely soft and divine. The room was clean and comfortable though a little small. The included breakfasts were hot and delicious, especially the southern eggs Benedict. The website is a little outdated as it still lists its associated restaurant as Sushi on Main but it is now Sugoi, an amazing Asian fusion restaurant with delicious sushi and fun mixed drinks. We ordered the pickled okra sushi thinking it would be interesting at best and were blown away at how delicious it was! Great location right on main street. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HannahBement
Reviewed December 8, 2011

We stay at the Hotel Chester every time we visit Starkville and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. The rooms are clean, the beds are VERY comfortable and the staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home. Then in the morning comes a fabulous breakfast just like Mama used to make! Grits, eggs, bacon, toast, fruit, and great coffee and it's complimentary. Where else are you going to get so much for a price that is very reasonable in our opinion. Do yourself a favor and try this place at least once. I'll bet you'll go back again and again just like we do.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family