“Great trip to Starkville for a wedding!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Starkville
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Great trip to Starkville for a wedding!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We just came to Starkville for a family wedding - had 4 groups of family staying in this hotel - and it was really great! Super friendly staff at the front desk - nice rooms, comfortable beds, and a better than average complimentary breakfast each morning! Would definitely recommend it and will stay there again - and great price for all that as well!

Room Tip: 3rd floor was a mix of smoking/non-smoking rooms, so sometimes there was a strong smoke smell in the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sumrall
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Everything was really nice!! I was very impressed!! The only thing I did not like was I had to switch rooms a couple of times due to the heater setting off the smoke detectors. However, Microtel was very accommodating. I definitely would stay here again. Oh, very close to MSU!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Angelle B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Starkville, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Tierney M, thank you for staying with us at the Microtel. We appreciate that you took time out of your day to write a review. I understand completely what you went through, and I apologize that you had to change rooms. Last week I had the same heater issue in my office; that was the first week since spring that we really had the weather in the area to necessitate use of the heaters. Thank you for being so understanding, and on a positive note, almost all of our rooms' heaters have gone through their brief semi-annual burnoff, so we should have smooth sailing on that from here. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to having you again next time you are in the Starkville area.
Thanks.
Nashville
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The people at the front desk were so friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and the beds were extremely comfy! Hot breakfast was also good. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Angelle B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Starkville, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to say so many nice things about your stay with us! Please let me know when you plan to visit again, and we will do our best to make sure your next stay is just as wonderful.
Angelle Bailey
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for a football game weekend. This made the rate a little high, but that's to be expected. The hotel is very nice and the staff is pleasant and accommodating, and it's no more than a 5-10 minute drive to the stadium. Breakfast was good. The hotel looks to be recently remodeled, but there are a few imperfections here and there that make it look a bit worn. Also, the bathtub didn't drain well at all - it filled with water during my shower. I did inform the front desk upon checkout, and they wrote it down.

Recommended, if you don't mind the high rate - it's close to the stadium and several places to eat, but still on a quiet stretch of highway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and certainly for your stay with us. I am glad you were pleased with your stay, and I certainly appreciate you making us aware of the problem you experienced so that we could address it. You observed correctly that we did completely remodel earlier this year, and we are in the process of touching up the few final post-renovation blemishes. While hotel rates do tend to rise some during special events, I'm sure you will find our rates very reasonable during any other business or leisure stay. The next time you would like to visit, please feel free to contact me directly, and I will be happy to assist you by providing the best stay and best value possible.
Thanks again.