“Needs Improvement”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Starkville
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. However, the air conditioning in the rooms must be set on economy. We had 4 rooms at this hotel and in all 4 rooms the air would be set on high cool and after running for a little while, they would just shut off. The room would then get quite warm and it made sleeping difficult. After a while they would finally come back on and just when you would get to sleeping good, they would cut off again. I asked the front desk to have this checked on and they informed me later that it had been fixed, but nothing changed.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Before I decided to check in. I looked at some reviews ..
some reviews where nasty.
My advice.
DO NOT BELIEVE THEM.That was the best hotel I've stayed in.
It's not a Marriott or nothing. But I can truly say that my time there was. A+ I had no problems like I usually do. Except for the gay lady that was cleaning the breakfast tables.
she keep trying to flirt with my straight Girlfriend.
but
If your in starkville. This is the place to be.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Jimmysnider, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for the great comment. We here at Microtel Inns & suites Starkville want our guest to enjoy there stay like there at a 5 start resort. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

the location was great, it was clen and the staff was friendly but the air conditioning was the pits! It was either on high and we were freezing or it was just fan and we couldn't breath. It seemed as though the air would work for a while (on highonly) then it woule freeze up and not work at all for a couple of hours, then it started all over again. The rooms werenot very good sound proofed. we heard the people above us walking and talking, we would not recomend this place nor will we stay here again.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was desperate for a room for this particular evening. There were no rooms any where in Starkville. The front desk manager - all I know is Ms. Bernice went "above & beyond" what I would expect anyone to do to help my family get a room. Great attitude, very helpful - just plain NICE to work with. She's a "keeper".

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I came into Starkville hoping to stay at a hotel for the Labor Day weekend.. only to find out that hotels jack their prices up for game-weekends! I don't blame them.. I mean the demand is there, so those rooms WILL be filled! But anyway.. The day after, some hotels went back down in price. Microtel was one of them.

First.. Reserving the room. That was easy. So easy, I was able to do it on my smartphone(Razr MAXX).

Second. Checking in. Again, easy, but more importantly.. QUICK!

Third. Initial walkthrough and set up. Air was at a good temp upon initial entering. I like it a little colder, so it was good to see the a/c was capable of it. Two queens. They were pretty firm, but not too too firm. Still comfy enough. The entire place seemed clean, though that was the first time I've been in a room with a huge mirror for a wall. Kinda cool I guess.

Fourth. Checking out. Even though we were a few minutes late checking out, they didn't charge us. Yay! Also.. it was quick and easy to check out.

Sidenote: Wireless didn't work too well with my HP laptop, but did with the Dell.
Overall, great stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Jimmysnider, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thanks for the great comment Steven B. We strive for guest Satisfaction. We are working to make your stay even better at Microtel Inn & Suites of Starkville. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Never stayed at a Micotel Inn. Wife was a little nervous. When we arrived we asked to see the room before checking in. Staff was great, friendly and very helpful. However, when we checked the room it has luggage in it. Apparently, it was someone's room. Needless to say this made my wife even more nervous. The staff quickly addressed the issue and provided us with another room to inspect and even gave us a $10 discount on the room rate. Not sure that was enough discount considering the room cost was $150. The new room was clean and very nice. I guess this could happen anywhere. Breakfast wasn't the greatest, they should work on improving. The price in my opinion was too high for a MicroTel even on a MSU football night.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I did not like the fact that I had to pay double the normal price because MSU had a footlball game. The room was very quiet and the breakfast was good.