“Quick Overnight Stay”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Starkville
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Never stayed at a Micotel Inn. Wife was a little nervous. When we arrived we asked to see the room before checking in. Staff was great, friendly and very helpful. However, when we checked the room it has luggage in it. Apparently, it was someone's room. Needless to say this made my wife even more nervous. The staff quickly addressed the issue and provided us with another room to inspect and even gave us a $10 discount on the room rate. Not sure that was enough discount considering the room cost was $150. The new room was clean and very nice. I guess this could happen anywhere. Breakfast wasn't the greatest, they should work on improving. The price in my opinion was too high for a MicroTel even on a MSU football night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I did not like the fact that I had to pay double the normal price because MSU had a footlball game. The room was very quiet and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

1. Location: Centrally located and convenient to restaurants, university, downtown, etc.
2. Check-In: Desk clerk was very personable and professional.
3. Room: a) Surprised that Microtel had a "mini-kitchen"; however, there were no plates, utencils, or anything that would support the use of a kitchen; b) The toilet would begin running at various intervals throught the evening and also during the middle of night.
4. Check-Out: This was where my experience went from okay to "unpleasant". I went to the front desk at around 9am to check-out and pay for my stay. The area was empty. I waited for a couple of minutes. Three or four members of housekeeping came behind the desk and carried on a conversation without ever even acknowledging my presence. After they left, the desk clerk came from across the lobby of the hotel and went behind the front desk. She was aloof, had an "attitude", and never even made eye contact with me. Very unprofessional. If she can't treat customers with courtesy, she shouldn't be dealing with the guests or the general public. The interaction I had with the desk clerk soured my entire experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2012

A little more expensive than I like to pay for a 2 star hotel, but compared to the other hotels in town, it was the best deal. Staff was friendly (except for the breakfast lady who at 10:02 insisted she was closed even though there was still food out). Beds are clean and comfy. Rooms are clean and pretty nice. One of our rooms had a musty odor, but not unbearable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
CHICAGO
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Once we got to the hotel our room was not clean so I had to return to the front desk to let them know the room was not clean, My child and I had to wait in the lobby until they clean the room. Once we return to the room the carpet felt damp with a musty odor to it, I informed the cleaning lady of this problem and she sprayed something in the air which did not do anything for this smell, so me my child suffered in silence, we spent most of our time out of the hotel as much as we can. I did not have any more money to try to find another hotel, and the people at the front desk seem to get upset when other people make complaints, so I did not want to say any thing to them I just knew that I will not be coming back to this hotel any more or any establishment relating to this hotel.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

It was good considering the few hours I stayed. The room was good. Why was there no lamps? The lighting was fine but you had to flip switches everywhere you wanted lights

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times now . With a son in college at MSU, we have started making several trips a semester. The service is great. The only real improvement that is needed immediately that I saw was the bedding. There were stains and even after the sheets were changed on the second night, the comforter had the same stains and has not been changed at all. The bathrooms need more attention as well. The breakfast was average.