“Great all around!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Starkville
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Wonderful frontdesk service, helpful and went above and beyond for my needs. The manager was super nice and great to talk too. Breakfast is nice, WAFFLES! Rooms slightly outdated but slept comfortably. Fit nice tomy trip to this cool town, great reccomendations for local places to eat.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank followupjct

Reviewed August 17, 2011

I travled from Texas to enroll My Student Into MSU not knowing how long I would be there
so I booked for 4 days the rooms were nice service was nice the staff was nice however I check out a day early....asked for my bill the clerk said I need to take it up with Expedia.
so I did just that........Expedia agent said he would have to talk to the hotel to see if I checked out early, the hotel said they charged for 4 days when the clerk said it was up to Expedia..... so I will except the loses but will not use Expedia or Microtel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank E L W
Reviewed May 23, 2011

A friend and I traveled for 13 hours straight and arrived a few hours too early for check-in. We asked a nice gentleman at the front desk if there was any way we could have our room early since we were beyond exhausted. He initially asked that we wait an hour but within a few seconds said " I don't want to make you wait" and dug around to find a room that was cleaned and ready. So friendly and helpful without even asking him to be. Rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable and nobody could beat the rates. All around GREAT hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank EmmyLou13
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Just your typical small town chain hotel. However, the front desk service was friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was well displayed and prepared. For the price and for the location and for a quick business trip, the hotel is more than adequate! Have stayed at other hotels in this city and found this one to be above average for the location. Perfect for the DOG SHOW, thank you Microtel for letting us stay at your comfortable hotel for this event.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Flashpoint1
Reviewed June 10, 2008

This hotel has a nicely appointed room with a few nice room extras for the money. I simply liked the room's atmosphere. However, there are many kinks to work out that nobody seems to take responsibility for.

There were three machines in the exercise room, and NONE of them worked. Yes, NONE! Breakfast was great..link sausages, biscuits, cereal. Internet access points were faulty in the rooms, so you had to go to the lobby for access to one that did work. Even though I called the repair number (and they rebooted the line), it still did not work in the rooms. One access point would sometimes work, and then crash. This was not an internet congestion problem. Since wireless did not work, i asked for a cable. BUT, wired internet was not connected at all in my room. This was an exercise in frustration.

So, stay here if you want a nice room for the money, are OK with wireless internet in the lobby only, and don't care to exercise.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Travelino
Reviewed April 14, 2008

Nice room setup. Bed area w/desk. Living area, with coffee table, couch. Small kitchen area, with refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast was continental, nothing special. Location is good for MSU. Was quiet, and felt safe there. Located on HWY 82/182. Highway Patrol headquarters close by, which added to safety issue, and probably why it was quiet. Bed was comfortable enough. Hotel could use a little sprucing up. But all in all a pleasant experience. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2008

I had two different meetings in Starkville and needed a place to stay close to campus. I called the property directly and explained my meeting schedule and was given a dicount rate. When I arrived, even though it was late, I was given detailed attention by the staff and upgraded to a suite to better meet my needs, as I was staying the week. Internet service was necessary, as this was a working meeting, and I was taken care of admirably. I needed two separate billings ( for records puposes) and the worker at the front desk the next morning took care of all the detailed billing so that I would have all the required paperwork for my records. The continental breakfast each morning had a wide variety of hot and cold items, and someone got up early to make sure there was hot gravy for the biscuits on the buffet! There was also plenty of each item selection; the buffet was well stocked and kept replenished. It is a short drive into town and onto campus and all the staff I encountered, from my initial call to reserve the room until my last check out notation, were attentive and professional. I appreciate the great work ethic shown by these workers, the majority of whom were college students. There is a Waffle House right next door if you want to walk over for late night fare. Even as campus filled up for the game on the weekend, all staff maintained a friendly demeanor and professionalism. I usually stay at the historic property in downtown, but my last stay there was very disappointing, and they have not maintained the level of service I expected and have previously experienced during previous stays. I was very pleased with my choice and was glad to have found another great place to stay in Starkville. I know there are few lodging choices in this town, but I would highly recommend the Microtel if you need a place to stay that will take care of your needs and provide the amenities you need.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RealG.R.I.T.S.