“Out of this world pizza!”
Review of City Bagel Cafe

City Bagel Cafe
Ranked #7 of 128 Restaurants in Starkville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 10, 2014

On Wednesdays through Fridays, City Bagel serves hand tossed, thin crust pizza with a multitude of topping choices as well as either marinara or pesto sauce. It is an awesome experience. The outdoor seating opportunity in good weather is an even bigger plus. I have been eating here for 10 or more years just for the pizza but have enjoyed the morning variety of bagels and cream cheese toppings as well.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

While I have frequented this shop for years, I love it most on the weekends. It offers bagels and other breads and all you could want for breakfast. The atmosphere is clean and alternative- very relaxed. The food is perhaps the best in town and always impresses out of town guests. I had a spinach bagel with Swiss and slice of ham. And some great coffee. I like most - the willingness to fix it "your way". Like least- the crowds on Italian nights.
"I'll be back!"

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This place has incredible atmosphere, great customer service and the food is truly awesome!! I highly recommend eating anything with their Hummus, Salmon Sandwich.. and the Marinated Olives.. Nom Nom Nomm...

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I know NY bagels are considered the best, and rightfully so. But this place rivals the best NYC can offer and tops them all in variety and creativity. I hit this place whenever I visit Starkville. The jalapeño cheddar with Mexican spread is great, and so is spinach bagel with Mediterranean spread. The portions are huge--no NY style schmear here. Workers are friendly and if speed isn't NY style that's ok.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We've eaten at City Bagel many times and always found the food tasty. On our most recent visit, we ordered a vegetarian pizza and, a small Caesar salad. When we got the salad, my wife wondered how big the large salad would be, as there was enough lettuce on the plate for at least four of the salads we typically have at home. The pizza was great, as usual, but it seemed to take an inordinate amount of time for us to get it. The place is usually fairly noisy and crowded, but we almost always see half a dozen people that we know.