Comfort Suites Starkville
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Chester(Starkville)
University Motel(Starkville)
View Hotel
All reviewsstayed herehighly recommend this locationdesk clerkmississippi statenext morningin townfootball stadiummsu campusdirectly across the streetbiscuitsgreat hoteltwo queensthree nightscomfortable bedstay there againabove averageconference center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Friendly staff, good breakfast, rooms are spacious & clean; one of the reasons I like staying at this chain. Very convenient location, close to things in Starkville or hop on the highway and go down the road 20 minutes to Columbus.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here to catch a Friday night Baseball game at MSU. This hotel is right across the street from the Campus. Couldn't have been any closer. Greeted by a friendly front desk manager who was able to change our room assignment from a king suite to a queen suite made the trip even better. I found the hotel and room to be clean and well maintained. It is a non-smoking hotel which, for me, is a plus. Breakfast in these hotels are about the same everywhere, so you can find something good to eat. There are also plenty of restaurants nearby. (location!) The only negative was that the hallways are noisy when guest are arriving but it didn't bother us while sleeping. Overall, a very good stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AttalaRay
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I was in Starkville doing some community outreach work the last weekend of March '12. Just like all other Comfort Suites (well, all Choice Hotels for that matter), I had little to no problems!

My only con would have to be that my group was not able to get rooms with two queen-sized beds. The hotel is not to blame for this, however (there were baseball games going down the nights we were there).

To all who may travel to Starkville, I say this hotel is your best bet!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Skylar J
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Good location. Clean room. I like the fact that all the rooms are nonsmoking!!! Wish the TV cable selection in the room had Headline News - I like a quick synopsis each morning. Also there needs to be more space between wall and bed when getting out of bed on that side. Lots of choices for breakfast - hot waffles, cheese omelet, as well as cereal, hard boiled eggs, pastries, yogurt, etc. Wish the TV cable selection in the room had Headline News - I like a quick synopsis each morning. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank M T
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites on many occasions and great experiences on all of them but this last one. It is the most convenient for travelers but we also found that there are a lot of student apartments around. We had not even noticed them till the next morning. We were kept up till almost 3 AM by the noise of a end of semester party at one of the student houses. We probably should have complained then but we don't like to cause trouble.As long as the air conditioning unit was running we were fine but the minute it cut off we could hear laughing, talking and car doors slamming. When we woke up the next morning there were beer boxes and beer cans all up and down the hill next the hotel. I told the manager what happened. He was very apologetic and told me that they have had to call the police on that house before. He did not offer anything else so we decided that next time we would stay somewhere a little more isolated. This is the first time anything bad had happened but it was bad enough that we would try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family