“Love this hotel!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
“Love this hotel!!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

This stay was absolutely wonderful, it was a short 2 night stay but we enjoyed it we were in town for a Dog Show. Very dog friendly hotel I have a 85 pound puppy!! The staff was really friendly and they loved my baby boy so much wanted to love on him every time we came by. The room was very nice, clean and spacious! King Bed was comfy! Breakfast was good, love the dinning area very nice. Next year when we come to this town I'll be sure to book here again. Thanks for the great stay!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thomas J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Hello..I am so Happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel..I hope you get a chance to return to the hotel and bring your 85lbs puppy..so we can enjoy them as well....Enjoy your day..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The hotel is off the road, so it is quite. The parking area is a little dark, I was worried about my stuff in the trunk. The front desk provided us with an upgrade as a IHG member. Very nice. The toilet doesn't flush well for the first hour or so, supposedly that is if the room has not been used in a couple days? It was really weird. It did work finally. The beds are clean and the hotel is near lots of eating places. A little farther from MSU then I wanted but not bad. The glass window in the breakfast area was very lovely.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello,, I wanted to say that I am glad that you stayed at our hotel..I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast area at the hotel..I also happy that you were able to get the upgrade but sorry about the toilet not working properly...When your in the area I hope you will stay with us again..Enjoy your Day.
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My family stayed in Holiday inn for two days and thanks to TripAdvisor for helping us booking this trip. It was a very good experience and impressive. I will definitely do it again! Our next trip will be at Christmas this year, Can not wait!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Of course, this is not the Ritz. On the other side of the coin, the service we received at this hotel was truly world-class.

The property itself is very nice, efficient, and perfectly located. Everything work properly, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the air conditioner cranked out cold air on a muggy 97 degree day, and all of the little extras (bottled water, cookies and popcorn) were a very pleasant treat. But what separates this hotel is the people.

From the moment we checked in until the moment we left, we receive nothing but a can-do attitude and warm, friendly smiles. We were traveling with our small dog, and because we were attending the MSU game (as the visiting team, no less), we needed – and got - a very late checkout. Nobody would expect to receive special accommodations at the inconvenience of another guest, but many hotels would not have accommodated us at all without charging for a nother night. The general manager, John Patterson, and his team took great care of us and we really appreciate it.

When it comes to customer service, the people at this hotel get it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Union City, Tennessee
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for the past two years just passing through. Both times they have been extremely nice and easy to work with. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast is great!! I am a Priority Club member and had trouble using my points. They took care of all of it for me. It's also close to everything, with a Ruby Tuesday practically in the parking lot! We love to visit Starkville and this is one reason why!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Recently renovated hotel. The staff seems very nice and helpful. The breakfast only has gravy 2 days a week. I don't know who eats biscuits without gravy. Apparently it is a southern thing. Every other holiday in has it every day at breakfast. The last time I stayed there they had no guest laundry. I told them they needed it And that they should add it while they were renovating. They didn't. They did add a lot of useless features though, like a fake fireplace. Because the management at this hotel seems to be unable to listen to their priority members, ill just not stay there anymore. There is another holiday in down the road in West Point, MS. Ill just stay there in the future.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear KGS74,

We value you as our Priority Club Rewards Member and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2013

As a business traveler, the reviews from last year complaining about slow internet concerned me enough that I asked to test it before I booked my room. I got 5Mbps on Speedtest.net. Thats a pretty standard cable modem rate. The rate was the same in a room on the 3rd floor close to the stairs; as far from the lobby as one can be. The entire hotel was obviously recently renovated. It looks sharp. As a Platinum Elite I was given an upgrade without having to ask. Solid hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business