“Under Construction”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Oxford, MS
“Under Construction”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

When we arrived for a weekend stay, we arrived to the hotel being under complete construction. Our reservations were wrong. We were supposed to have a mini suite (3 people staying), and arrived to a King bed only, standard room. The staff was SO accommodating and did comp a second room for us. Each room had a major flaw. My parents room, the shower was complete. My room the heat didn't work and I didn't have a phone. In my aunt and uncles room, the microwave wasn't put together. Once again, the staff was phenomenal to try and make our stay as nice as possible despite the circumstances.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sasieber
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
sasieber,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. Kindly accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience caused. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ben J
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We have nothing negative to say about HIExress, we go every year to Starkville for an event and this is where we stay, good parking, clean hotel, great staff, pool, close to restaurant. Accommodations were above par.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed December 19, 2011

They do not have happy hour here. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I made a reservation at this property and when I got my credit card bill, I was charged 3 times the booked rate! Called and they said they would take care of it and when they didn't, I called back and they said they changed their mind. They were not going to fix it. Check your bill very very very carefully!!! I asked twice for the manager (Nichole) to call me. She never did. The last time I called the property, Thomas hung up on me. Wow! Customer service means NOTHING to them. I just asked for a simple problem to be fixed and that's how I was treated. Imagine if you had a real problem.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mike N
Alabama
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed one evening following MSU football game. First stay at this location. Room was clean. Smooth check in and check out. Staff friendly and courteous. Higher number of food choices than most other hotel chains that provide free breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank disneypapa
Tennessee
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express during a visit to Mississippi State. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortableBreakfast was good with a very nice eating area and lounge. Free beer and pretzels in the afternoon was a nice touch during the hot weather. The pool area was clean but otherwise unexceptional. For the price, the stay was a good value. By calling the hotel, I got a better discount than was offered on line. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2011

This hotel lacks a lot. Although, the breakfast in the morning was good and the staff were helpful. I stayed here for a week at the first of may and am now staying another week at the end of may. Since my work is paying for my room I had no choice, but to stay here. Had it not been for that, I probably would not stay here again. I am here on business, and traveling alone. Being a woman, I am very cautious by myself. The first I was put in a 1st floor room with a horrible musty odor, and the a/c was less than adequate. The second week, upon check in discovered my room (although the room was not musty), the deadbolt was broken. I was moved to four other rooms (which all had the musty odor) before finally getting one with a working deadbolt. However, was horrified to find when I woke up the next morning, that the peephole was missing from my door. And there was nothing but a hole in which any peeping eye could have looked through and seen the entire inside of my "private" room!

• Stayed May 2011