“Comfortable Stay - Good Value”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express during a visit to Mississippi State. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortableBreakfast was good with a very nice eating area and lounge. Free beer and pretzels in the afternoon was a nice touch during the hot weather. The pool area was clean but otherwise unexceptional. For the price, the stay was a good value. By calling the hotel, I got a better discount than was offered on line. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed May 23, 2011

This hotel lacks a lot. Although, the breakfast in the morning was good and the staff were helpful. I stayed here for a week at the first of may and am now staying another week at the end of may. Since my work is paying for my room I had no choice, but to stay here. Had it not been for that, I probably would not stay here again. I am here on business, and traveling alone. Being a woman, I am very cautious by myself. The first I was put in a 1st floor room with a horrible musty odor, and the a/c was less than adequate. The second week, upon check in discovered my room (although the room was not musty), the deadbolt was broken. I was moved to four other rooms (which all had the musty odor) before finally getting one with a working deadbolt. However, was horrified to find when I woke up the next morning, that the peephole was missing from my door. And there was nothing but a hole in which any peeping eye could have looked through and seen the entire inside of my "private" room!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed December 1, 2010

The room key card readers didn't work 75% of the time, which meant multiple trips with bags in hand up and down the elevator. The toilet paper holder kept popping out of the wall every time I pulled on the roll. I had to request a second room because the first had an overwhelming smell of smoke, which later made it miraculously to my second room (maybe though the bathroom ventilation.)

I'm sure this is one of the better options in Starkville, but it left me very frustrated.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank RabUlk
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Nice clean room, but had a lot of problems with the electronic door card not working. Was told that they get a lot of complaints about this.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This hotel was so clean and comfy! The breakfast was delicious and the staff was super friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Starkville.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2010

I've stayed here many times on business trips. It's an okay place to stay. The rooms are fair - lousy pillows, the breakfast is so-so, but the people working there offer great service.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank bohste
Reviewed July 26, 2009

This would not have been my choice of hotels, but we were in town for a wedding and the room was paid for by someone else. However, I was pleasantly suprised at how nice and clean the hotel was. I am VERY picky about where I stay and I can't honestly say a negative thing about this place. They were also kind enough to extend our check out time due to issues we were having with getting out by noon. I didn't get a chance to swim so I can't comment on the pool, nor I didn't eat breakfast so I can't comment on the selection. But I can say that the room was very, very clean and the beds were so cozy. Also, the staff was very professional and accomodating. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business