“Breach of Privacy”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
“Breach of Privacy”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Cleaning staff totally breached my privacy. They moved medications from one counter top to my nightstands, moved bags that were in the bathroom next to the TV, arranged my dirty underwear into a neat pile, took all dirty garments that were in the bathroom and placed them on the couch, took all of my documents in the room and arranged them in piles (they placed one pile on a nightstand and another on the desk), moved items from one nightstand to the other, moved vitamins from in front of the coffee maker across the room onto the desk..... Management offered me a candy bar for my stress after I went over to them shaken-up because I returned after a long day of work to a rearranged room.
Corporate agrees that this hotel should have never touched any of my personal items and they should have left a note saying "This counter has not been cleaned because you have personal items there, I will be happy to clean it once you remove the items"....

I am in a tiffy with Hilton altogether over this, corporate made me think they could step-in after giving Starkville management 72 hours to handle the issue themselves, but I am waiting.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gameofgolf
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
I apologize for any issues that arose during your stay in Starkville. The staff's goal is to provide all our guests with a clean and comfortable stay. Our housekeeping staff work to make sure that your room is well maintained and clean throughout your entire stay. If items were moved in the cleaning process I again apologize and hope that you will consider the Hilton Garden Inn family on your next visit to Starkville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great Staff! The staff here make this hotel a joy to stay in. The hotel and staff are a representation of the Garden Inn Brand and meet or exceed all expectations. Location is convenient to all Mississippi State University events / locations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank 961brianm961
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for those very kind words. Our promise and goal is always your comfort and satisfaction. Mostly we want you to feel like family and come back for anotherrelaxing stay in Starkville. Go Dawgs.
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Neither my GPS or the GPS on my phone could find this property. Both directed me to an empty lot on the university campus. After calling the hotel a very helpful person gave me perfect directions and then said to put Veteran's Way into the GPS to get to the hotel in the future. That worked later in the evening. The hotel is outside of the traffic and restaurants in Starkville but the hotel restaurant served my purposes for my one night stay. Typical HGI room with a comfortable bed and properly functioning internet. The grill provided a good dinner and breakfast. Friendly and attentive staff at dinner even though there was a large conference in the meeting room. The breakfast is free for Gold and higher Hilton Honors members and the cooked to order omelet was a great start to the day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for those very kind words. Our promise and goal is always your comfort and satisfaction. We work hard each day and in every department to make each stay as pleasant as possible. I will pass the information on to my Food and Beverage Director so he can share it with his staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Starkville.
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2014

every time water was turned on from our room and rooms above the pipes in the wall would rattle. We got to our room late in the evening but around 4:00am the rattling began. We had to cut TV on shut the bathroom door to offset the noise. Because we we had to depart early with our friend i saw no need to change rooms for 3 hours. Front desk reply was sorry. Offered no credit toward my bill.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I apologize for the problems you experienced and please know we are working on resolving those issues as quickly as possible. Our goal is always your comfort and satisfaction and we work hard each and every day to try and make that happen. Please know that on your next trip to Starkville, I know our staff can show you the kind of stay you expect.
Mississippi
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Hilton Garden Inn is great, staff is very attentive and remembers everyone. The breakfast was delicious. Locations to MS State is so convenient. Would recommend to anyone going to Starkville. Easy to park and check in. Did not use exercise room, but it was fully equipped.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We like to think of our hotel as our guest home away from home. And with that the opportunity to make your stay comfortable and satisfying. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Starkville.
lafayette, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My three sons and I went to Stark-Vegas for the First Pitch Weekend to meet the baseball team. From the momemt we checked in we found a clean, friendly, well maintained hotel. The helpful staff suggested several restaurants and gave us directions. Very friendly people. Just what I expected from Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for those very kind words. Our goal is to make every guest that walks in the hotel feel like family. We work hard so you feel welcome and at home. It not a job it's a great way of life for us. We look forward to seeing you on your next tour of Stark-Vegas
Medina, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Very clean, beds are simple if you read the instructions. We stayed in the Jr. Suite and it was perfect for us because our son had his own TV and area. We love the Keurig coffee machines in the rooms:) Thank you for being very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay. Our goal and promise is always your comfort and satisfaction. I was so glad to see that the room type worked out so well for the family. With a variety of room types we try and meet everyone's needs. we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Starkville.