“Repeat of Outstanding Customer Service”

Hilton Garden Inn Starkville
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Fenton, MI, United States
“Repeat of Outstanding Customer Service”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were in town for my brother in law's funeral. Your staff was very kind and supportive. The customer service agent at the front desk had an outstanding "willingness to help" attitude. The restaurant staff was very attentive and customer focused. We are Hilton Honors Members and Hilton Vacation Club Owners. We have stayed at many Hilton facilities around the world. The Starkville, MS hotel is among the best. Kudos to your staff for creating an excellent customer experience during a difficult time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for the very kind words regarding your stay in Starkville. Our goal is to try and make everyone who walks through the front door feel like family. Even though this was a difficult time for the family I am glad we could bring you the comfort and satisfaction you were looking for.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Locust Fork, Alabama
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Its nice, a little bigger than most other hotel rooms and pretty much silent. A little too much money for me to pay for just a room though. I know of other places in the area closer to town that are cheaper and just as clean.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for you recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. I was glad to see that your stay went well, although the price may have been more than you wanted to pay. We try and stay comeptitive with pricing while still offering the highest quality of service and amenities in the area. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Starkville.
Mandeville, LA, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The overall stay was acceptable with a few annoying events. Upon arrival, my HHonors # was not available, so I had to go back out to my car and find the card. The room did not have regular coffee, just decaf and tea. The bed had thin single sheets which made me feel like I was staying at a low budget motel. The restaurant and bar service was excellent. Very accommodating.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recenty stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. Please know that we respond quickly to any concerns and have addressed the coffee issue so it is not a problem in the future. Our goal is always your comfort and satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you in the future to show you we can be what you expect.
scott101699
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Always like to stay at this hotel. Very Clean and friendly. Breakfast s always good an fast. Only had one issue with a bar of soap from a previous guest being left behind. Probably just overlooked, because everything else was great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay in Starkville. I was so glad to see that your stay went well. Our goal is always your comfort and satisfaction. Our guests are family and we can't wait to see them on their next trip to Starkvile.
Chicago, United States
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I needed a place to stay while I was in Starkville so I did a Google search for hotels in the area and what reviews were written. Really liked the reviews for the Hilton compared to my other choices. I will have no problem reserving a room with them again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent stay in Starkville and the kind comments regarding your stay. Our goal and promise is always your comfort and satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Starkville.
Melber, KY
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We loved everything about this hotel. It was impressive from the moment we entered the front door....felt more like the upper priced hotels that we usually cannot afford, yet was very reasonable....cost less than hotels we have stayed in recently that weren't nearly as nice. The staff was extra friendly. The little extras do not go unnoticed! Like the 24 hour coffees and creamer near the front door. Everything about the lobby was cozy and yet spacious and beautiful. It was very cold outside, and the lobby felt and looked so warm and welcoming I was tempted to just curl up on a couch and stay for a while. We were happy to find that the in-house restaurant was still open and promptly sat down to order, since it would save us a trip to town to hunt a drive-through that might still be open on a week night. The food was delicious. When we turned in, we were not disappointed in our beautiful clean room, with the usual comfy king size Hilton bed and pillows. Like I said, the little extras go a long way, and this HGI was long on extras....we will recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. I was so pleased to see that your stay went so well. Our goal is always your comfort and satisfaction along with a little Southern Hospitality. I will pass your kind words on to the rest of my staff. Praise goes so far in making our staff feel that there hard work is appreciated. Happy Holidays
Portland, Maine
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was a very nice hotel.
The decor throughout the property was pleasant.
Brittany at the desk was efficient and helpful. She went above and beyond.
The lobby was very nice ... and the rooms were clean.
There was a keurig coffee maker in the room....also a fridge and microwave which all in all HGIs.
The bed was comfortable.
There was a nice tiled tub.
The a/c worked fine.
Patricia in housekeeping was also very, very nice. Five stars for the staff!
Just a few negatives:
1. The elevators were not clean. I know that it is hard to keep elevators clean, but this I really noticed.
2. It took a while to get hot water in my room. I finally came in.
3. I could not see the TV while sitting at the desk. (I like to sit at the desk in the evening to get work done and also watch TV.)
Overall a great hotel and I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent Stay in Starkville. Our staff always tries to provide that down home southern hospitality to all our guests. Our goal is always your comfort and satisfaction. We look forward to your next stay in Starkville and I will take care of the housekeeping issues. Happy Holidays from all of us in Starkville.