“A learning experience.”

Hilton Garden Inn Starkville
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This location was an excellent location.. I would stay at this location again in the future. However, I did not feel valuable as a HHonor member because I was BLUE status. When I stay at the sister location I.E the Hampton Inn and Suite, my check out time is extended to 2p.m. At this location I was told that privilege ONLY EXTENDED to SILVER AND GOLD members. I was very displeased with that information. I am working to be to a status like that, nevertheless, due to economic times that is affecting all AMERICANS travel is minimum. At every location from Atlanta, Huntsville, Montegomery, and your location in Starkville, I stay in your very loving Jr. Suites, Suites, or any room that is not standard. I am very HONORED to be a HHonor member, and I take Customer Service very personal, due to the fact I am a COMBAT VETERAN that fought for the Civil liberties of every American here and afar. I take being an HHonor member serious, and that is why I write these reviews for you. In closing, the military has its Generals,(Gold members) its Officers,(Silver members) and Enlisted,(Blue Members), however, we all share something in common.... The Uniform of the United States of America. I am somebody because I spend my money in your establishment and I don't spend CHEAP on QUALITY. Just because my STATUS is a BLUE member.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. I apologize for any problems that occurred with your late check out request. As a valued honors member no matter what status our goal is to meet your needs. If in the future you have the same request please let me know and I will make sure your needs are met. As a veteran you have served this country proud and we are forever in the debt of those who sacrificed for all that we have today. Thank you for all you have done for this great country.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Room, amenities, and cleanliness are exceptional! Staff are friendly and ready to assist. Location is perfect for a college town. This will continue to be my property of choice for travel to Starkville, MS.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. Thank you for those very kind words and praise. I will be sure and share these with my staff. Our goal is always your comfort and satisfaction and the whole team works hard to make sure your stay is always what you expect. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is always my go to hotel, when visiting MSU. It has a indoor pool. They have great staff and a great breakfast. I like that they have the cafe, so you can grab a bit to eat and not leave your hotel. They are reasonably priced also. The rooms are nice and clean.

Room Tip: I love the high floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for being a frequent and loyal Hilton and MSU supporter. Our goal and promise on each and every visit is your comfort and satisfaction. My entire staff and I work hard to make sure your stay is as comfortable as the last. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Starkville.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Nice hotel, but the MSU football team stays here and don't check out until way too late. Last time we had to check in after the game, which didn't end until 10 pm, and we paid $300 to stay there. Ridiculous! If the price was reasonable, I'd be happy to stay there another time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay. I apologize for the problems you experienced due to Mississippi State football checking out late. We try and make up for the imposition by providing a free tail gate party and free shuttle to and from the game. We look forward to seeing you on future trips to the area.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed for a football weekend! Great Staff, excellant bar and restrauant. Rooms were large and very nice! Highly recommend this property! Service was excellent every staff member went out of their way to serve you

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. I was so happy to hear that your stay went so well. Our goal is always your comfort and satisfaction. We look forward seeing you on another football weekend. Go Dawgs

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Clean room. Comfortable bed. Convenient to Mississippi State University. Close to restaurants. Reasonable price. Courteous staff. I recommend this hotel for your trip to the Starkville, Mississippi area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. Thank you also for the kind words regarding our property. We work hard every day to make sure all ourguests experience a comfortable and satisfying stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Starkville.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The door to my room would not lock, so I called the front desk & within 5 minutes or less the maintenance man was there. He could not get the door fixed & said he would be right back, within 5 minutes he was back & they moved me to a different room. Both he & the front desk person really impressed me. Great job.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. I was so glad to see that your stay went well and when you had a problem the staff resolved it quickly and to your satisfaction. Our goal and promise is always your comfort and satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you when in Starkville next.