“Excellent Staff”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Bessemer
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The door to my room would not lock, so I called the front desk & within 5 minutes or less the maintenance man was there. He could not get the door fixed & said he would be right back, within 5 minutes he was back & they moved me to a different room. Both he & the front desk person really impressed me. Great job.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. I was so glad to see that your stay went well and when you had a problem the staff resolved it quickly and to your satisfaction. Our goal and promise is always your comfort and satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you when in Starkville next.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Huntsville, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I will NOT be back to this location. The cooling unit had a terrible smell, which in turn messed up my allergies for hours upon leaving the hotel. The hot water in the shower would not come on; someone from maintenance had to come fix it...which I did not like since I was traveling alone. Within an hour, the fire alarm was going off. I am HiltonHonors member; however, I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Terra A
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I apologize for the problems you experienced at our property. Please know that I have had my maintenance staff along with my housekeeping supervisor review the issues and thoroughly go through that room to resolve them. Please know that we are always working hard to make sure your stay is as comfortable and satisfying as possible. We hope you will try us again and I will show you we can be all you expect from a Hilton property.
Norcross, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Always wonderful! Staff is very pleasant, and hotel is neat and clean with wonderful lobby and bar/restaurant. Great proximity to Mississippi State University. Shuttle bus available during football game weekends at no charge.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
I was so glad to see that your stay went so well. Our committment is always your comfort and satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you at the next ball game. Go Dawgs
Irondale, Alabama
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have been booked into this hotel by contract employers, and have always had a good experience. This stay was during football season, so the MSU team was there on Friday night, which made the experience interesting. I had dinner at the bar, as I have a few times before. Decent food, so if you don't feel like picking your way around town for a meal, you'll be fine in-house. Hotel wi-fi was surprisingly responsive, in comparison with other hotels I've been in with super slow wi-fi. Room was in good shape. The bed had that adjustablility feature that I've never really found had an effect on the softness, but the mattress is definitely not traditional. Comfortable enough, though. Breakfast (not free, by the way) and check-out were just fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. Also we appreciate the very kind words. Thank you for the comments on the Restaurant and Bar, I will pass this on to my Food and Beverage Director. You will be happy to know that wwe are in the process of updating our menu. Have some very nice new menu items. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Starkville.
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This proeprty is conveniently loacted just outside of the downtown area and Mississippi State University. It is quiet, and has an excellent staff. Its guests are mostly professionals, with alumni frequenting the property during soprting events, concerts and graduation.

Room Tip: Book early-it is football season
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. I was so glad to see that all went so well. Your comfort and satisfaction are not only our goal but our promise. I will share your kind words with the rest of the staff and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Starkville.
Cleveland, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I enjoyed my time here at this hotel. Hopefully, I can try your suites if you have any. Make sure you have lunch on the weekends also. We come to hotels on weekends too. The pool and whirlpool were great and relaxing. My wife and I had some good sleep in the room on the king size bed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. I was so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff is dedicated to making a promise the you will be comfortable and feel at home especially when you are away from home. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.
Grantsville, Maryland
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nice room, no issues there. One of the staff decided to try to clean up our dinner glasses and silverware while we were still eating. "You still using that?" was the question. We were NOT finished, had not been there long and felt rushed. We were put off by this. On the plus side the desk clerk at arrival was very professional and gave us a voucher for two free breakfasts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton garden Inn of Starkville. I apologize for the restaurant experience but was glad to see that my staff tried to correct the error with breakfast. Please know that I will pass this information on to my Food and Beverage Director so he can work with his staf to ensure this does not happen in the future. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Starkville.