“overnight stay for MSU visit”

Hilton Garden Inn Starkville
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Kennesaw, Georgia
“overnight stay for MSU visit”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel is new and clean. The beds however are awful. They are supposed to be adjustable from firm to soft. When we checked in the setting was on firm and they were like a brick so I turned them all the way to soft and nothing ever changed, needless to say I did not sleep well. Also, be forewarned, they talk a lot about the great breakfast on their website...it is NOT complimentary...most other hotels in the area have complimentary breakfast. We will be going back to Starkville several times over the next 4 years but I will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sharon h
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
I apologize for the problems with the bed. I would love to show you that we stand behind our promise. If you will let me know prior to your next visit to Starkville. I would like to upgrade your room and offer you a complimentary breakfast. I think we can show you that we work hard to take care of all our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Madison, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nice place. Breakfast was worth the extra money. The bar employees were friendly and make you feel at home. Easy access to everything around. Great location for visiting our daughter at MSU. Will definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay in Starkville. It is always great to here that a new State fan enjoyed there stay. Our goal is to make you feel like family. Starkville is a wonderful southern community and our staff love the opportunity to make your stay as comfortable and satisfying as possible. We look forward to seeing you on future trips to Starkville. Go Dawgs
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Arrived late in the evening but my gps took me right to the hotel as I was not familiar with the area and it is on the outskirts of the city. Check in was easy and the room appeared fine but after about an hour (10 p.m.) I realized that the a/c was not working properly. I called downstairs and the Manager came up (no maintenance person in the evening) and attempted to fix it, I was offered to switch rooms but then it appeared to start cooling so I remained in the original room. Unfortunate choice, as the a/c was loud and kept going on and off all night. I did not rest as it seemed like about every time it came on, it was so loud that it woke me. By that time, it was too late to go through the efforts of switching rooms. I reported it the next morning and they were very apologetic. Gave me a reduction in the room rate but then did not adjust my bill so had to call them back. Other than that frustration, the hotel was beautiful, the staff was friendly and they had a very nice restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. I apologize for the a/c issue. I have had our maintenance staff address the issue in that room. On future trips if you would advise me, I will personally check the room prior to arrival to make sure everything is working properly. Your comfort and satisfaction is our promise. We look forward to seeing you on future trips.
Madison, MS, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Nice new addition to the Starkville hotel lineup. It's very close to the North side of campus and the 25 bypass. Nice, tidy lobby; clean room; friendly service. Bar tender was a little inattentive, but it was mid-afternoon, so they may not have been expecting patrons. Overall good experience. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. I was glad to see that your stay went well with the exception of the bartender. I have spoken with my Food and Beverage Director about this and he will work with his staff to insure all guests receive proper attention. We look forward to seeing you on future trips to Starkville. Have a great weekend.
Mississippi
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Whatever they used to cleaned the floor made the room smell wierd and made the floor horribly stickey!!!! It wasn't just my room. The bride's room and the conference room where the wedding took place was stickey. Same thing in the room's bathroom. And the bed linens were obviously NOT washed. There were stains all over the blanket. This is a hotel that clearly only washes the sheets. I don't like this kind of hotel, especially for THAT price. Other than stickiness and stains, the stay was just fine. No other complaints.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank tiffany2005
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. I apologize for the experiences that occurred. We strive to keep all the rooms clean and fresh. Our goal is your comfort and satisfaction. When you are in the area next please let me know I would love the chance to take care of dinner and show you we can meet your expectations.
United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel was very clean, well decorated and the front desk staff and breakfast staff were exceptionally friendly, helpful, polite with great smiles, offering advice on the area. This was not the normal college town hotel that offers the minimum service and accomodations. We did have one issue with the cooling system in our room seemed not up to par but it was not terribly hot at this time so we did not report it but maybe should have to allowed them the opportunity to fix it. We plan on visiting Starkville several times in the next few years since ou daughter is attending vet school there and it is a distance for us to travel and see her. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Debra P
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. Congratulations on your daughters acceptance into the Vet school. Starkville is an exciting small community and we are proud to be able to serve it with a Hilton Brand property. Our goal is your comfort and satisfaction. I have had my maintenance engineer check on the unit in the room you stayed to make sure it is working properly. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Starkville. Go Dawgs
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Starkville over Super Bulldog Weekend at Mississippi State for my son who was doing a campus visit there. We booked late so we were going to have to stay in West Point but by some luck, a room opened up here, and were happy it was this hotel being HHonors Gold VIPs. We stayed in a Junior Suite on the 5th floor for about $200 a night. We felt this rate was reasonable being a special event weekend, but any other time, I wouldn't pay more than $130ish. The room was very large, with a separate sitting room with a dividing wall separating it from the bedroom. The bedroom had 1 King Bed, and was one of the new Evolution Sleep System beds whose comfort levels are controlled by the guest. Our bathroom, however, was kind of small and I did notice a few left over hairs from the previous guest, but that was the only issue with that. The breakfast was very nice, with the servers bringing you the food from the buffet and the chefs did a good job cooking the cooked-to-order options, like Omelets, Eggs, Waffles, Pancakes, and much more. We didn't eat at the restaurant for lunch or dinner so we cannot comment on this. The pool and fitness center looked decent, however we didn't take advantage of them so we can't comment further.

The hotels location is good for MS State, but not in the center of Starkville like the Hampton Inn, but the town is pretty small so that was not a big issue. The hotel is on Highway 12, about 1/4-1/2 mile to Highway 82 and about 2-3 minutes from campus. The parking on property is plentiful and lighted.

My son is probably going to choose Mississippi State, so I will be staying many more times.

Room Tip: The Junior Suites provide great space.