“Dependably good food and service. ”
Review of Harveys

Harveys
Ranked #1 of 128 Restaurants in Starkville
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great food, great service, and a great atmosphere are the three things we offer to ensure you have a GREAT dining experience. Harvey's is a contemporary restaurant with an atmosphere set by old brick, decorative woodwork, and great music. We serve everything from specialty salads and sandwiches to our signature 48 hour marinated ribeyes and famous prime rib. Go to our website for our most current menu!
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here many times over the years and Harvey's is reliably good. I ordered the grouper with almonds and scallions and tangerine slices on rice pilaf. It was quite tasty. When I am back in Starkville it will call for a return visit for a good meal.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Recently enjoyed lunch with a party of five. Service and food were consistent with my prior experiences with Harvey's which is to say they were very good. Our party enjoyed everything from sandwiches (Philly Steak) to blackened catfish to crab cakes, to poultry and pasta. All of our meals met expectations and were very good. Drink refills were plentiful and great table service was provided by a team not just a single server. Even the manager checked in on us as we dined to assure that all was to our satisfaction. It was, from beginning to end.

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in town working and our hotel gave us a free appetizer with entree coupon for this place. We were nicely greeted by a gentleman, I believe the manager, as we walked in. We choose to eat at the bar and the bartender, Beau, was friendly and did a great job. The prime rib and the bread pudding were both awesome. Highly recommend and will definitely return when working in the starkville area.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We've eaten at Harvey's many times, and mostly the experiences have been good. Last night, however, was not so good. The hors d'oeuvres were fine, although they were mostly fried things, which we tend not to eat. Fried cheese? C'mon! My wife and I ordered a crab cakes appetizer to split and another appetizer that included a Caesar's salad. The salad had to be the worst of its kind I've ever eaten, and I think it's pretty hard to make a bad Caesar's salad. The crab cakes would have been okay, but when I asked for tartar sauce to go with them, I was told that they had run out of tartar sauce. Like it would be impossible to run down to Piggly Wiggly and get a bottle! Alternatively, tartar sauce is not that obscure a thing: I could make a decent substitute with mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion flakes, and a few other common ingredients. The dessert was average at best. This was not a great experience, and I'm rating this average because of the hors d'oeuvres.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a special occasion place because its kind of expensive. The location is odd because all the other places in the same strip seem old. Inside it is very nice. The staff is extremely friendly! Our waitress gave us a high five haha.