“They slipped up this time!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Little Dooey

The Little Dooey
Ranked #2 of 126 Restaurants in Starkville
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fun is a family recipe. Originating in Starkville, Mississippi, The Little Dooey™ has become the most popular barbeque destination in the region, attracting regular, local diners and guests from all over the country. The menu was created around the time-honored recipes and sauces of the founders, Margaret Ann , Barry & Bart Wood. The name for the restaurant is also a Wood Family tradition where “a little dooey” means a fun gathering of friends and family. The Wood’s began The Little Dooey™ in 1985, by serving their homemade barbeque and sauce at a local service station. The response from customers was overwhelming, and soon the growing local demand for their delicious food prompted them to open the first restaurant in Starkville which became an instant success. The Wood’s credit their accomplishments to their family, friends and dedicated staff who set The Little Dooey™ apart, making it a comfortable and fun place to eat. Don’t forget to pick up some sauce! Or, call us to order your favorite.
Slidell, Louisiana
“They slipped up this time!!!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

When in Starkville we usually eat here at least once. Always happy with the food and service.

We had traveled many miles today so we dropped by and got a takeout. Got to our hotel and discovered that Little Dooey's folks had not put in either of the two sides I ordered for my wife. We were not happy about that. Was raining heavily so we were not going back out. I gave my wife my side dish and we enjoyed what food we had from Little Dooey's.

I called them to let them know about the slip up, The man looked for my ticket (I had been gone from there only ten minutes) and saw my order. His kitchen folks just messed up. This is the first time in ;years we have been disappointed, If this happens too often with take outs their business could suffer.

• Visited June 2014

Gray, Louisiana
“I don't see what everyone is bragging about.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

First off you had to swap flies to keep them off my table. First major turn off!
Brisket was dry dry dry dry. No smoked flavor at all. Baked beans nothing special. Table was sticky to the touch. Man clean your dam tables.
I had high hopes but was totally disappointing. Will not go back there.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MichaelFussell
Starkville, Mississippi
“A Starkville Landmark”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Awesome pulled pork. I get the large pulled pork sandwich with MILD sauce. They have HOT sauce if that's your preference.
When sports casters and news crews come to Starkville, this is the "Go To" place.

Starkville, Mississippi
“Good hometown food!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Locally owned by folks who want you to have fun with your fellow eaters. Great chicken tenders as well as a fine hamburger.

Starkville, Mississippi, United States
“Best barbecue and catfish”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A favorite of visitors and locals - not to mention ESPN sportscasters, Little Dooey's has great food and very different atmosphere. Excellent barbecue, great catfish, and the corn salad is wonderful. Pulled pork sandwich - yummm!