“This place is a JOKE!”

Ranked #2 of 128 Restaurants in Starkville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Fun is a family recipe. Originating in Starkville, Mississippi, The Little Dooey™ has become the most popular barbeque destination in the region, attracting regular, local diners and guests from all over the country. The menu was created around the time-honored recipes and sauces of the founders, Margaret Ann , Barry & Bart Wood. The name for the restaurant is also a Wood Family tradition where “a little dooey” means a fun gathering of friends and family. The Wood’s began The Little Dooey™ in 1985, by serving their homemade barbeque and sauce at a local service station. The response from customers was overwhelming, and soon the growing local demand for their delicious food prompted them to open the first restaurant in Starkville which became an instant success. The Wood’s credit their accomplishments to their family, friends and dedicated staff who set The Little Dooey™ apart, making it a comfortable and fun place to eat. Don’t forget to pick up some sauce! Or, call us to order your favorite.
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We'd read such great things about this place, our expectations were high. Their bbq is passable at best. It SMELLS wonderful outside, and it makes your mouth water, but then you get your food and it has no smokey taste (I mean NONE), brisket was paper dry, and the ribs had SO much fat on them that most of it wasn't edible. Now, their sauce on the table was good, but I'm a believer in good bbq starting with good smoked meat. I'm guessing all the rave reviews are from locals, family, or people that have never had GOOD bbq. I don't care how many TV shows they brag about being on, their food just isn't very good. If I could give this place a 2/2 star I would. Best food we had in town was at Stagger In. GO THERE!

1  Thank Project HIghway C

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The food and atmosphere is good here although they keep raising prices. The place is always packed with people. The catfish, although really good, is extremely over priced. Two fillets and two sides for $14.99 is ridiculous!

1  Thank arnoldadventures
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

It had been several years since I had eaten here. Little bit of a line because of the MSU baseball game... But it moved quicker than I anticipated. Our family of four with drinks was about 30 bucks... Which I considered a value since two of them are teenage boys. Great BBQ . Hopefully it won't take so long next time for me to return.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good BBQ, great sauce, fried pickles are good too. Some areas of the restaurant smell musty so we try to sit near the outside with all the windows

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had seen this on trip adviser also so we decided to try it fun place with great southern barbeque. I would have liked to try fried seafood to but just to full. Great atmosphere.