“Good Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Southaven
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Nice hotel just south of the city for the traveler stopping overnight in Memphis. Clean, quiet, and easy to park. Rooms are updated. Close to retail and restaurants (walking distance if you choose). Breakfast is included and caters to all diets.

Room Tip: We like Room 3015's floor plan for a family of four. Two adults in queen/king bed. One teen on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Southaven for a baseball tournament and thought the hotel was very nice. The property was recently renovated, and the rooms were definitely a step above the normal Fairfield Inn design standard. The room was spacious and comfortable, although the mattress was a little softer that desired. They have a small pool that worked great after playing baseball all day.

They offered a decent breakfast which included cereals, fruits, waffles, bagels, and breakfast sandwiches.

The location of the hotel is very good, with many restaurants located nearby. It is also close to Memphis and the airport. We would definitely considering staying here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was a great hotel. We stopped there on way to New Orleans, hotel was very full with motorcycle tourists but it was very quiet. We checked in about 8:30pm. Executive King room was nice, bed was a little soft which was fine for me - hubby would have preferred a little more support. Several restaurants and movie theaters close by. We took advantage of the movie theater since we never do at home. Breakfast the next morning was standard (waffles, cereal, toast, bagels etc....) but not crowded, well stocked and clean. Would recommend to others and I tend to be a little picky. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I travel to Memphis twice a month and have been searching for a hotel in reasonable proximity to the Memphis airport, where I feel secure and have access to restaurants. This hotel fills the bill in that regard. Most of the hotels that are closer to the airport surround themselves with 10 foot iron fences for good reason, so it was refreshing to stay at a hotel where I could get up and go for a run in the morning. The surrounding area has a number of chain restaurants and fast food choices. Shopping is abundant in the area. The hotel is clean and the check-in was efficient. The breakfast is the standard Fairfield offering.
The hotel has been recently renovated and the furnishings are in great shape. The exercise equipment, though, is dated and needs to be replaced. The guest bathrooms are, at first glance, clean, but on further inspection lack attention to detail (floor behind the toilet, corners of the bathroom).
Overall though this is the right place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sherpa2286
Yukon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a wonderful little Inn. The staff is excellent, far above most of the five star hotels that I have stayed at, the Hyatt and Westin included. I am talking about in every area - check in, breakfast, housekeeping, and even maintenance. I don't think I walked past the front desk without them wishing me a pleasant day or offering to help me. Sylvia has the personality, employer’s dream of finding; she has an old school charm that just makes you feel comfortable and draws you in, so warm and welcoming. I wish I knew some of the other front staff's names because they were all exceptional there. The Fairfield was spotless, which was wonderful for me, because I am somewhat of a germ freak! Housekeeping really does a great job, I looked at everything and it all looked exceptional. On my second visit, I forgot my pillow and blanket (for the airplane) and Mary B. took it downstairs and had them call me, instead of just throwing it away (I love that pillow!) The Fairfield had a nice breakfast, with a fabulous woman, named Donna, who made us feel like we were special company; she cleaned our table and anticipated our every need! !!Wow!! The room, I would say was pretty close to the same size as the larger hotels, has a refrigerator and the bed was just as comfortable - so you aren't really giving up anything there. You heard a little noise from the airport, but if you stay by the airport you expect that! You do save big time on price! There are so many places to eat close by, as well as just about any kind of food you would want as well. If you need to do a little shopping - there are several little shopping areas close by too. This place is awesome and if you aren't staying here then YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Loretta R
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night during a business trip. No complaints here. Typical hotel that has been remodeled and decorated to keep up with the modern times. Nice bed and amenities in the room. The breakfast was good for this style hotel and the room noise was kept to a minimum, except for the A/C unit which was kind of old and very noisy (either had to keep it on all the time or off for consistency.) Can't comment on the staff as there was minimal interaction, but I guess that is a good thing. Would stay here again if in the area. Good location for food and interstate access also.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
tulsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times during the previous school year. My daughter attends Ole Miss and we stay here often. Sometimes I fly into the Memphis airport( Southaven )or out to Tulsa, my home town. I use the hotel's shuttle service each time and the drivers there are genuinely courteous and very friendly. A appreciate the shuttle service to and from the airport and especially the drivers' conversations with me. The breakfast is very good and a lot of variety!
My favorite driver is Paul and he recognized me as a previous client and he was very helpful with selection of local restaurants as well. I will stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family