“Ok Bar B Que, hair optional...”

Interstate Bar B Que
Ranked #27 of 146 Restaurants in Southaven
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I should have gone with my instinct and driven away when I pulled up and saw trash dumpsters out front, but I went in anyway. Big mistake.

They don't cook the meat on-site which is always a red flag to me. True BBQ needs to be fresh, hot and flavorful, all aspects the BBQ at this restaurant did not have. The menu is a bit confusing but I ended up getting the chopped beef sandwich and was underwhelmed. I've had better BBQ in many states and locations. I expected this joint to be awesome from the FoodNetwork connection, but it was just alright.

Table was sticky and not well cleaned. Waitress was nice and patient with us, but she left her hair on my colleagues chopped beef sandwich, which left all 3 of us nauseous. We paid quickly and left after telling the manager. He was understanding and gave us a discount, but we just could not get over the idea of it and were sick all night.

If you're looking for authentic, Memphis BBQ, I recommend going elsewhere. Pig on Beale Street is a good option.

Reviewed October 5, 2009

Other than the fries and onion rings, everything was cold. There wasn't much sauce on the meat and to get more it cost you more! The table was dirty when we sat down and the staff wasn't pleased to correct that. None of us ate much and went back to the hotel and made popcorn to fill up! This is probably the worst restaurant we've been in.

Reviewed May 20, 2009

Great deal, beef ribs, pork ribs, shoulder, brisket, sausage, BBQ spagetti with cole slaw bread and beans for $17.50. Ordered fries but could not eat them. Beef sausage and beef ribs topped the charts with me. Wife loved the pork ribs and brisket...shoulder a bit dry but was dry at all Memphis restaurants we went to....wanted to go again on a Sunday but they were closed and downtown location closed early on Sunday at 4pm..our favorite Memphis BBQ restaurant and we tried seven of them...funny, when asking locals at the Airport, Hotel and Kroger where to go...ALL answered Interstate. See for yourself.

Reviewed December 20, 2008

We saw this on the travel channel for a great BBQ Rib place to eat at. Although we ate at this location it is not the main one.
The place look like an original Taco bell place with a drive up. We sat at a table.

We ordered the sampler platter this is great to share with 2 people and give you a taste of everything. We liked the beef rib, you don’t find this in many places and the meat was tender. They do not cook the meat there because they don’t have a smoker. The sauce was tasty. The spaghetti with shredded pork had a kick it was great my wife ate the whole thing. The staff was very nice and friendly even though we went when they were almost closing.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Lake Cormorant, Mississippi
Reviewed April 27, 2008

It's not Memphis without some good BBQ!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook