“Don't go out of your way to stop here.”

Interstate Bar B Que
Ranked #23 of 145 Restaurants in Southaven
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Food was just ok. The ribs were dried out. Barbecue pork sandwich was ok. We ate here for supper. This may have been more of a lunch place.

There are newer reviews for Interstate Bar B Que

Reviewed February 27, 2011

Went with my sister and her family last night. We had a sampler platter and five spicy hot wings between three adults and a hot dog for my niece.

The food was awesome. The meat was well-cooked, and the hot wings were to die for. Would eat here again in a heartbeat.

We had to wait about 10 minutes to get our drinks served, but the food came reasonably quickly.

Reviewed August 20, 2010

I should have gone with my instinct and driven away when I pulled up and saw trash dumpsters out front, but I went in anyway. Big mistake.

They don't cook the meat on-site which is always a red flag to me. True BBQ needs to be fresh, hot and flavorful, all aspects the BBQ at this restaurant did not have. The menu is a bit confusing but I ended up getting the chopped beef sandwich and was underwhelmed. I've had better BBQ in many states and locations. I expected this joint to be awesome from the FoodNetwork connection, but it was just alright.

Table was sticky and not well cleaned. Waitress was nice and patient with us, but she left her hair on my colleagues chopped beef sandwich, which left all 3 of us nauseous. We paid quickly and left after telling the manager. He was understanding and gave us a discount, but we just could not get over the idea of it and were sick all night.

If you're looking for authentic, Memphis BBQ, I recommend going elsewhere. Pig on Beale Street is a good option.

Reviewed October 5, 2009

Other than the fries and onion rings, everything was cold. There wasn't much sauce on the meat and to get more it cost you more! The table was dirty when we sat down and the staff wasn't pleased to correct that. None of us ate much and went back to the hotel and made popcorn to fill up! This is probably the worst restaurant we've been in.

Reviewed May 20, 2009

Great deal, beef ribs, pork ribs, shoulder, brisket, sausage, BBQ spagetti with cole slaw bread and beans for $17.50. Ordered fries but could not eat them. Beef sausage and beef ribs topped the charts with me. Wife loved the pork ribs and brisket...shoulder a bit dry but was dry at all Memphis restaurants we went to....wanted to go again on a Sunday but they were closed and downtown location closed early on Sunday at 4pm..our favorite Memphis BBQ restaurant and we tried seven of them...funny, when asking locals at the Airport, Hotel and Kroger where to go...ALL answered Interstate. See for yourself.

Been to Interstate Bar B Que? Share your experiences!