“located under FED EX flight pattern”

Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Don't count on sleeping during the week as a steady stream of Fed Ex jets land constantly from 10-12 pm and begin taking off in equal numbers at 4 am. Unlike locations by other airports where passenger service rarely comes in after 10 pm or departs before 6 am, this was like sleeping on the tarmac! There is no "satisfaction guarantee" or your money back at this location! If you book here, bring your Bose ear phones to block the "thunder."

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed February 8, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel four (4) nights a week for the past five(5) months. The staff here is great. This is truly my home away from home. The food in the restaurant is great. The room is cozy and the bed feels like my bed at home. Anything you need is just a quick phone call away. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2009

The rooms were okay and even though I am a Platinum Member and the motel appeared to be on the empty side no priority upgrades were available. Hmmmm? Maybe too difficult to check into.

I ate dinner and breakfast at the motel and for dinner the catfish was edible but barely. It was overcooked and heavily breaded and very salty. I received a flat soft drink to accompany the meal.

Breakfast was unbelievable. I am unsure what I was finally served after about a 20-25 minute wait. It was supposed to be some type of egg but I am unsure. I also had another flat soft drink to wash it down with.

The motel is nice and located good for my business transactions and I will continue to stay there. Beware the restaurant as there are many much better very close to the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2009

We chose this Southaven, MS Holiday Inn as an alternative to staying in Memphis, TN. What a great decision. We were impressed from the beginning with this Holiday Inn. The employees were great from check-in to check-out! We were in town for a college football bowl game and needed directions to the stadium. The front desk clerk said he would print them off for me when I was ready to leave. When we came down to the lobby to leave for the game, he had them waiting for us along with other copies for other guests! Our room was very spacious and modern. Great flat screen TV! The small fridge and microwave in our room was very convienent! We did not swim during our stay, but the pool and workout room looked very clean and adequate. This Southaven location was a great alternative to staying in Memphis. They have absolutely everything at this exit. Great food selection, shopping, and easy access to the interstate. We were only a 30 minute drive to Tunica, and only 20 minutes to Graceland, the Liberty Bowl, and Beale Street. I would recommend this location to anyone in the Memphis area! Great job Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2008

Brand New Holiday Inn....Stayed for over a week and as far as room comfort I would rate it 5 stars. Customer service at the front desk was outstanding. I dropped off clothes for dry cleaning in the morning and they were hung in my closet when I arrived in the evening. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2008

I visit this area at least a few times a year and I recently stayed here for the first time. The hotel is brand new. The rooms are very nice and clean. The hotel is in a good area. It's close to the interstate but not right beside it so you don't get road noise. The hotel is in a very busy part of town but it's set off the main street so you don't get traffic noise. There's a big shopping center nearby, WalMart, Target and every type of restaurant you could possibly want. It is very convienent for airport travellers but there's a downside to that. I woke up early Saturday morning, about 4am, to get ready to leave. You could hear the planes as they're approaching the airport and they were pretty steady. It wasn't window shattering noise but if you're a light sleeper, it may bother you. I live near a major airport so it didn't bother me. There was only one thing that did bother me. I did not have a bathtub in the room, only a shower stall. The shower stall was very large but only had a tiny shelf meant to put a bar of soap on and nothing else. I would have liked to take a nice hot bath after checking in. I went down to the front desk and asked if they had rooms with bathtubs and if I could switch. They do have rooms with bathtubs but they didn't have a clean one available, which I thought was odd since it was almost 5pm. Since I was only staying one night it wasn't a big deal. Other than that, I thought it was a great place to stay and would stay again if I could get a room with a bathtub.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed October 20, 2008

This hotel was wonderful. It is new and very, very clean. Modern design theme. Rooms were great and included big screen TV and free wi-fi. Staff was very friendly. Hotel is not on the main street, which is nice. A number of restaurants just down the street. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business