“Best Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed January 6, 2009

We chose this Southaven, MS Holiday Inn as an alternative to staying in Memphis, TN. What a great decision. We were impressed from the beginning with this Holiday Inn. The employees were great from check-in to check-out! We were in town for a college football bowl game and needed directions to the stadium. The front desk clerk said he would print them off for me when I was ready to leave. When we came down to the lobby to leave for the game, he had them waiting for us along with other copies for other guests! Our room was very spacious and modern. Great flat screen TV! The small fridge and microwave in our room was very convienent! We did not swim during our stay, but the pool and workout room looked very clean and adequate. This Southaven location was a great alternative to staying in Memphis. They have absolutely everything at this exit. Great food selection, shopping, and easy access to the interstate. We were only a 30 minute drive to Tunica, and only 20 minutes to Graceland, the Liberty Bowl, and Beale Street. I would recommend this location to anyone in the Memphis area! Great job Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 19, 2008

Brand New Holiday Inn....Stayed for over a week and as far as room comfort I would rate it 5 stars. Customer service at the front desk was outstanding. I dropped off clothes for dry cleaning in the morning and they were hung in my closet when I arrived in the evening. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2008

I visit this area at least a few times a year and I recently stayed here for the first time. The hotel is brand new. The rooms are very nice and clean. The hotel is in a good area. It's close to the interstate but not right beside it so you don't get road noise. The hotel is in a very busy part of town but it's set off the main street so you don't get traffic noise. There's a big shopping center nearby, WalMart, Target and every type of restaurant you could possibly want. It is very convienent for airport travellers but there's a downside to that. I woke up early Saturday morning, about 4am, to get ready to leave. You could hear the planes as they're approaching the airport and they were pretty steady. It wasn't window shattering noise but if you're a light sleeper, it may bother you. I live near a major airport so it didn't bother me. There was only one thing that did bother me. I did not have a bathtub in the room, only a shower stall. The shower stall was very large but only had a tiny shelf meant to put a bar of soap on and nothing else. I would have liked to take a nice hot bath after checking in. I went down to the front desk and asked if they had rooms with bathtubs and if I could switch. They do have rooms with bathtubs but they didn't have a clean one available, which I thought was odd since it was almost 5pm. Since I was only staying one night it wasn't a big deal. Other than that, I thought it was a great place to stay and would stay again if I could get a room with a bathtub.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed October 20, 2008

This hotel was wonderful. It is new and very, very clean. Modern design theme. Rooms were great and included big screen TV and free wi-fi. Staff was very friendly. Hotel is not on the main street, which is nice. A number of restaurants just down the street. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2008

Wonderful hotel! Brand new and gorgeous. The pool is GREAT for kids. Super clean and the staff is awesome. The kids eat free at the restaurant. Food was good. Can't say enough good things . A+++++++++++++!!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank mrmethod
Reviewed June 27, 2008

the last three times I have been to this hotel I have made a lot of lottery money I am don't have to muck luck in that area. I usually lose money now I am winning 10's of thousands of dollars when I come to this hotel I a sure you that all service are great. It was incredibly amazing. I will surely come to this hotel whenever I come to memphis. IT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

Thank you for the rave review and for making us your #1 choice when visting the area.

Reviewed June 6, 2008

If you haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn in a while, this is not your father's Holiday Inn. Only open 5 weeks as of my stay in June 2008, this hotel's styling is upbeat and contemporary. It is very similar to the other new Holiday Inn's going up, so there is a nice sense of familiarity.

At first I must commend the staff here at Southaven. Every one I met was cheerful and willing to help. Their attitudes really pushed my hotel experience over the top.

As a Priority Club Platinum member, I was upgraded to the 5th floor which is reserved for VIP guests. As of this writing there are plans to add a small bar and free snack area for the guests of that floor, with some free breakfast items in the morning. This is similar to the Platinum floors at Crowne Plaza's.

The King Executive room I had has very roomy and tastefully decorated. There is a 32" LCD but I did not get any HD channels, not sure if they were offered at this time. The bed was very comfortable and I was able to keep the fan blowing all night which I like for the white noise.

The hotel itself is tucked away in an modern industrial park behind an Asics factory. It's about a quarter mile from Airways Blvd which has the Southaven Mall and just about every chain restaurant you can think of within a half mile of the hotel. You can walk to the mall or restaurants if you wish. It's only about 6 miles from the Memphis Airport.

Overall one very nice hotel. Highly suggested for your stay in Memphis or the local area.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business