“Amazing”

Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is one of the friendliest I have ever stayed at. The rooms are clean and the staff is absolutely amazing. They go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure you are comfortable and having a pleasant time. I don't know how I will come away from this trip and get use to not being pampered!!!!!! Christopher at the front desk always has the biggest smile and makes me feel as if he has been a friend for years each and every time I walk in the front door.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandyb1223
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for your compliments on our facility and staff. Christopher takes pride in providing exceptional customer service. I wish you could have been here to see his "big smile" when he read this review. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is one of those 'new' full-service Holiday Inns. Modern, clean, nice staff.
Not exactly like a destination hotel, but with enough amenities to keep most everyone happy.
On a business trip last week, hotel check-in was quick and easy. I was greeted as a Platinum Memeber, but not offered anything for my loyalty. Seems to be a trend with this these new (quasi)-full service hotels. Very minor issue, but worth noting.
Room was very comfortable, we found that the drapes were coming off the track. After a call to the fromt office, this was taken care of quickly.
My partner had breakfast in the dining room/bar and reported it was very good. One reason to stay here - they have a real kitchen!
I would recommend this hotel, especially if you are working in Memphis, the traffic was not bad and Southaven is a nice town to explore.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank G
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you very much for your compliments on our facility, staff and restaurant. We want every guest to have a pleasant stay and feel like this is thier "home away from home". I am very sorry to hear that your room was not 100% on arrival. Thank you for bringing the concern to our attention, so that we could make immediate correction. We look forwarding to having you return to our facility for your next trip to the Southaven area. Travel Safe!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel is just a fresh and new as the first day it opened. The hotel, the grounds, the staff, the restaurant are all worthy of the 2013 Excellence award they received. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with all the amenities expected in this type of hotel. It is located one block from many restaurants, a huge shopping mall and many local business of every type you can think of.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor and it was very quiet for a good nights rest.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BryanH987
Jan M, Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for your compliments on our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've stayed here on more than one occasion and each time has been enjoyable. It a newer cleaner hotel and the staff is friendly. It's in close proximity to national and local restaurants as well as shopping. There's a restaurant and bar on site as well as an up to date fitness center and swimming pool. I try to stay here whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank esnell
HI_Southaven_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear esnell,
Thank you for your nice words! I am very glad you enjoy your stay with us each time you return to Southaven. We hope that you have enjoyed our upgraded internet and cable! We look forward to your return to our hotel!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I booked 5 rooms here for 2 nights at a special rate and printed all of my confirmations that were emailed to me. Upon arrival we presented our confirmations and were told that we could not receive the rate quoted me! The best rate that they could give us was $21/per night higher. Other hotels in the area were booked so we ended up having to pay the higher rate! They had 2 of the rooms wrong. There is no free breakfast like other Holiday Inn Express that I have stayed in before. We had a sofa bed in our room but there was no blanket. I went to the front desk to get a blanket and they informed me that they were out??? I used my debit card to pay for the room. When I got home and checked my account I noticed that they had charged me $241.98 twice!!! I immediately called them and my bank has been disputing it with them for 3 days now and they still have not refunded my account! Never stay here unless you want to be ripped off!!!!!

Room Tip: Not a room here!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank krad675
HI_Southaven_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear krad675,

We apologize for inconvenience you and your team experienced at check in. The rooms booked were at government rate. Only one room is valid per ID when traveling on offical government business. While we could not honor the government rate for your sports team, we did honor the discounted team rate. Our facility is a full service hotel, so our restaurant is pay from the menu. While the Holiday Inn Express's do offer free continental breakfast, we differentiate our self with fresh cooked specialized food items. We ensured to researched the transaction and found the charges to be valid. Again, we apologize and wish your team a successful season.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I'm a business traveler spending on average 3 nights per week on the road. While this motel is better than others in town, it could be better. I have stayed at this property at least 10 times in the past 90 days. Rooms are reasonably clean, but on one recent stay the ceiling leaked during a rain. It was clear from the staining it was not the first time. Last week, the carpet had a peculiar smell and the AC thermostat did not seem to work correctly.

How could they be better? Replace my toiletries each morning (shampoo), consistently provide two bars of soap, provide faster check-in time, use an odor neutralizer in rooms, mop bathroom floors after each guest.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tony4LMI
HI_Southaven_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Tony4LMI,

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. In Decemeber 2012, The Hamister Corporation purchased this property and we have been continuiously working hard to repair certain areas to make our guest's stay comfortable and convenient. I apologize for the issues you experienced in the room. It is our goal to provide quality, superior service, and ability to attend to every need. This is an issue that will be advoided in the future with our renovation coming up shortly. We strive on cleanliness so I will ensure these matters will be taken seriously. I would like to invite you back to our hotel for another try when you return to Southaven. You may call us direct for best rate available.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

After a long 9 hour drive from Chicago, I couldn't wait to get into the room and go to bed. Upon arrival into the lobby, I saw a sign at the desk stating that I was the VIP guest of the day, and with it, came my own parking space and a nice little care package. I thought it was really sweet! The room was nice and spacious and it was very convenient to have the refrigerator and microwave. The bed was very comfortable, so I had no complaints. I took advantage of the small, but functional exercise room and was able to a few laps in the pool. The food was decent and because we had the premium package, we had breakfast vouchers, which really came in handy. It was conveniently near a shopping center, as well as the expressway to get back and forth to Memphis. I thought the price was a little high for the area, but I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the premium package to get the rooms on the 5th floor, which has its own business center...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Onekemi
jessica9887, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed being VIP guest of day! We really enjoy making our guests feel special! I am very glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and convenient. We hope to see you next time you travel to the midsouth area!