“Couldn't ask for a better place to lay your head down”

Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Wyandotte, Michigan
“Couldn't ask for a better place to lay your head down”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here Aug. 8 - 13, 2012 and enjoyed every minute of it. We found it to be quite, clean, comfortable and most of all friendly. We heard very little to no airport noise and being it is off the main road you did not hear any car traffic. It is true that if you do not pay attention you may miss the sign off the main road, but if you just look around you can see the hotel from the main street. I am sure I will be going back to Southaven and until I see a reason to change hotels I will be staying here at the Holiday Inn Southaven-Central. I couldn't ask for more in a hotel. Thank you to the wonderful staff, expecially the maintenance man Fred, he saved the day for me, I got my braclet caught between the glass pieces at check-in and he unscrewed the glass tops so that I could get it out. We seen him everyday we were there, and we always had a nice conversation with him. All I can say to the Holiday Inn Southaven is thank you for such a great and wonderful place to stay during our vacation. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Denise M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We truly appreciate your nice comments. We are blessed to have a wonderful team of employees here. Fred is a big part of our team. I'm so glad he was able to get your bracelet out. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed July 5, 2012

IT'S been a few months since I've stayed there. My experience was great. I stayed there with several other co-workers for about 33 days. The staff made it a fun place to stay, especially Jessica and Inekia "Ikea". The food was best in the world. The sirloin steak was awesome. I had no complaints after being there for 33 days. Quit complaining about bars of soap and candy rappers under the bed. Look around your house and you will prov find some stuff you "accidentally" left behind. All n all great job guys. Hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: 5th floor Platinum
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Vader8218
Thanks so much for taking the time to write your great compliments. Thanks even more for choosing our Holiday Inn to stay during your 33 days in Southaven. We love your comments!!!! We are blessed to have a great team of people here, like Jessica and Inekia.
Sure do hope to have you back as our guest.
Columbia, MO
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Outstanding facility - every facet of the place was first class. Only downside was noise from jets taking off at 4:30am from the Memphis airport.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
louisiana
Reviewed June 15, 2012

nice hotel clean and new so u cant ask for much else

Room Tip: all the rooms are good
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Massachusetts
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We came down for the Memphis Film Festival in Olive Branch, MS. I didn't know the area at all and I booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Olive Branch. After one night we switched to this Holiday Inn in Southaven and I'm so glad we did! The room was in excellent condition. The AC worked very well and everything was clean and modern. This Holiday Inn has a nice, albeit small, indoor pool. It felt much safer staying here than it would in the city of Memphis but the highway was nearby and all the attractions (Graceland, Beale St. etc.) are about a 15 minute drive. The hotel has a small restaurant but the food was only fair. However, there are plenty of chain restaurants to choose from and tons of shopping. I recommend the Cowboy Corner for western apparel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor which I believe was the executive floor. Ask for it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mississippi
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We had two families stay in this hotel this weekend. Being a priority rewards member we were upgraded to queen suites on the fith floor. Rooms were very nice and clean and it was an overall enjoyable experience. Memphis is about 10 minutes away so it is a nice SAFE place to stay but still close enough to go into the city. There is alot of shopping and plenty of places to eat right around the hotel. The staff was friendly and I hear no noise from planes as others has mentioned. The pool is small but it was fine for the kids. They do have a sit down restraunt and bar so if you want to grab a beer it is convenient.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This Holiday Inn is poorly run. Staff is friendly but poorly trained.

We choose this hotel because it was highly ranked in Tripadvisor, but things have surely changed.

When we checked into our room, there was a big hole in the wall; the AC unit was out for maintenance. When I called the front desk to inquire about switching to another room, I was told not to “freak out”, that the AC unit would be returned to the room by the end of the day. It was over 90 degrees outside, we waited in the heat for an hour until the unit was returned. We did not want to leave our belongings unattended knowing that maintenance people would be in and out of the room.

We asked the front desk for a local church listing. They did not have one available and told us to check out the yellowpages.

Hotel housekeeping is inadequate. Our bathroom floor was filthy, it looked like it had not been washed for weeks. Furniture needed dusting. Hallway carpeting had stains.

The next morning, we decided to have breakfast in the hotel restaurant. We inquired about our food after 30 minutes of waiting, our server apologized and said that the kitchen have not even started to prepare our order. We had to leave without breakfast since we had Graceland reservations.

To top it all off, when we returned later that afternoon, we found our room door UNLOCKED.

Try a different hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ginger707_C
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Ginger707_C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and strive to be the best hotel in the area. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G