“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
KY
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed September 21, 2007

Great new hotel close to Memphis. Very clean. Nice facilities. Staff very nice and attentive. Wonderful beds and pillows. Near a lot of shopping and restaurants. Good place to stay if you want to get close to Memphis but not stay in the city. It is a little bit of a drive into the city but not bad. With its location close to shopping and dining not to mention the quality of the hotel itself I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wisconsin
Reviewed May 25, 2007

We stayed at this hotel recently with two kids under four years old in tow. The beds were terrific and comfortable. Rooms are clean and have a microwave and fridge. There is a continental breakfast included which was perfect for us with two younger mouths to feed (cereal, fruit, toast, yogurt and great OJ). Plus there was a menu of hot items you could order for a small charge. And to round things out the pool helped wear out the kids. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. We will stay again.

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank tgirlMenoFalls
Memphis
Reviewed May 1, 2007

I recommend this hotel to the frequent traveler who loves quality. I am a true stickler for service and clealiness. The rooms are immaculate (beyond clean). The staff is friendly. The rooms consist of a plush bed ,Flat screened tvs, microwave, refrig., desk, & lounger. It is in the center of everything. Walking distance to the mall or walmart and all of the fast food and dine in restaurants you can think of. Yet it is on really quite grounds away from the fuss. Whether you are with your family or just want to get away this is the place to stay. I will definitely return.

• Liked — Clealiness and customer service
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
4 Thank chiccy
Mission, Kansas
Reviewed April 26, 2007

I stayed here for one evening (April 2007) while on business. Initially I was skeptical about booking this hotel because of the lack of reviews and the lack of photos . However I concluded that this was simply due to this being a newer hotel and figured I would take my chances.

The hotel is located about 10-15 minutes from the Memphis airport in Southaven, MS. I specifically had a meeting in Southaven which is why I chose to stay there - this hotel would probably not be a good option if you had business in downtown Memphis. This hotel is brand new (I was told it opened in February of 2007). It is located within an outdoor shopping mall which also seemed to be very new. There is a good bit of shopping and also a large number of chain restaurants - Smokey Bones, On The Border, Fox and Hound etc. within the shopping center. The area makes the hotel quite convenient.

The rooms themselves were nice. My room (and I believe all rooms) had a 27" LCD HDTV and an adjustable sleep system, which was very comfortable. All rooms have WiFi and wired internet - my WiFi connection was strong and consistent. I have to mention that not only was there an HDTV in the room there was also a good number of HDTV channels which I was surprised by. I had ESPN and ESPN2 as well as Discovery HD channel and all local channels in HD - impressive.

My king room was large with a comfortable chair and large desk area - it was immaculately clean, of course I may have been the first to stay here. Overall I was impressed with the hotel. If you have stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn you will pretty much know what to expect - this one was a step above the rest.

My one suggestion is that you get your directions straight from the hotel. Because this hotel is so new it was not listed in my Hertz Neverlost Directory - I had printed Google directions which were only somewhat accurate.

• Liked — Room amenities - Bed, HDTV, Cleanliness, Location
  • Disliked — Nada
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
6 Thank CI_Paul
Katherine C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, responded to this review, October 20, 2015
We're glad you like our room amenities, bedding, HDTV, cleanliness, and location. We are in the process of refreshing our property. Our newest addition to our property are our 49" LGs. Please visit us again. We have everything where you need it!