“Great hotel, i recommend it!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Hi, even though i stayed for one day only, but i liked it, every thing is clean and tidy, the room was very clean and it contains almost every thing you need.
I like the shower is specific more than any other hotel. The staff was very kind and helpful.
You should try it if you are planning to visit the area/ city.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Ljdana
Katherine C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Even if you only stay one night, you should have an experience that you can say good things about. Thanks and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Room was great, second floor room with a king size bed. The hotel staff was excellent. They were very helpful and gave me and my wife information about the area. The elevators were out at the time of our stay but they offered complmentary breakfast to make up for it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry Q

We appreciate you posting such a nice review. That's what we want all our customers to experience.Please come and stay with us again.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We spent a couple of nights here and had a relaxed stay. The rooms are spacious, comfortable & clean and the hotel bright and airy. Car parking is free and it was easy to find. Free shuttle will take you anywhere locally but not to Memphis or Graceland and taxis are about $33 each way, best to hire a car while here. Graceland is a 15 minute drive and easy to get to as is Memphis itself. Lots of restaurants within a short walk or the free bus will drop you and pick you up. Try the Red Lobster and Longhorn Steakhouse great food at a good price.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Katherine C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

So glad you chose the HGI for your stay. Thank you for the comments. We appreciate all our guest and are proud of our community sites and events. Please come stay with us again if you are back in our area.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrived a little early for check in, and the receptionist was very helpful trying to get my husband and I checked in a bit early. My only real complaint and it's just being nit picky - was that the drapes were only partial drapes - they didn't close all the way. My husband and I had a long week and had gotten up at 5am to catch an early flight. In order to nap we wanted to close the drapes but weren't able to. Other than that, the room was clean, bright and pleasant. We had a small coffee maker, coffee supplies and a small fridge. The bed was comfortable (king size) it was on the softer side for those who like a softer mattress. (Incidentally the mattress was adjustable in it's firmness). We only stayed Friday - Sunday and managed to make use of the pool and jacuzzi. The pool is 5 feet but the jacuzzi was divine. Someone comes by periodically to pick up used towels and replenish the clean towels. Overall a very solid hotel, with courteous staff when we needed something.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Katherine C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and your comments. I'm not sure what was going on with your drapes. I checkd them after reading your review and did not have any problems with them. I had our maintenance man take a look at them to be sure they weren't hanging up on occassion. We are aware that some of our guest use the "Dark Out Drapes" for daytime use and want them to work properly. I am so sorry you had a problem. I feel like this was an isolated instance and have made every effort to correct it. Thanks for staying with us and please give us another chance to win meet your expectations.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Staff could of been a little nicer and helpful! Staff always seem rushed, even though there was no line. I had a problem with my key and the staff seemed so rushed it was not even corrected the first trip to the front desk had to make two trips. Also ask for change for a $20.00 and was told they did not have change, which with my experience getting change at a hotel as alwasy been easy. They just seemed like they didn't want to take the time to help out!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Regina S
Katherine C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

My apologies for the experience you are sharing in this review. Summer is our peak season. Our occupancy runs very high and sometimes our staff gets a little overwhelmed. But it is never acceptable for our guest to sense that. I assure you that this has been addressed and I appreciate your bringing this to our attention. Please allow us another chance to prove that this is only a fluke experience for our guest.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had great stay. The staff was very friendly. We had the Bed and Breakfast rate and enjoyed our meal very much. This was an excellent location for the activities we had scheduled. I highly recommend this location for a stay in the south Memphis area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review. I hope you will visit with us again in the future. Our Welcome sign is out for your return. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Garden Inn Properties.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Check-in Excellent (Young Lady checked-in my family and I at around 11:30pm. She was very pleasant.

Accommodations was Excellent (only One problem, bathroom hairdryer was hanging off the wall)

Breakfast (The Morning staff in the lobby was horrible. The desk clerk and the breakfast servers all seemed to have attitudes. They was not rude, however breakfast was not pleasant.)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback about your breakfast experience. I have spoken to our staff members about this. The Hilton standards are high and we try to assure the best service from our employees. Occassionally they experience a bad day. My deepest apologies. this is not the "norm" at our hotel.