“Good breakfast near MEM”

Residence Inn by Marriott Memphis Southaven
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The free breakfast was excellent and the location was good for getting to an early flight out of Memphis. However, the accommodations were dated and the staff was not friendly. Therefore, it was a good place for a one-night sleep and eat, but you can do better for an extended stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Alex B, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Memphis Southaven, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for staying with us while you were in Southaven. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. We will be undergoing a refresher course focusing on the importance of our guests. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance to provide the service you deserved.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stay at Marriott properties often. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful but rooms were blah and not sparkling clean. Breakfast was minimal and service staff seemed sad to be working. I did not receive rooms I had asked for

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 6, 2013

If you don't mind jumbo jets flying overhead ALL night, then go for it. Otherwise the property is ok. I will never stay there again. The A/C units outside were also quite noisy. The area has everything you would want otherwise.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want a good night sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We flew into Memphis Airport and after a 7 hour trip, we wanted a nice place to relax and sleep before a long next day. This Residence Inn was a really good choice.

I usually try to find a Residence Inn while traveling as we like to have a kitchenette and more room than a regular hotel room. We booked a two bedroom suite - each bedroom had it's own bathroom. That is a great thing to have when traveling with a teenager.

The hotel is very nice looking from the outside as well as inside. The reception area is nice and clean and the front desk staff was very nice and helpful. They had our reservation and gave us our keys right away.

The room was spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable, which was surprising as I am a side sleeper and I usually have problems after a few hours with a sore hip from hard hotel beds.

The bathrooms were clean and there was plenty of hot water.

I did notice airplanes flying over but the noise was not that distracting for me and I am a light sleeper.

The breakfast the next morning was ok...I would say that it was the one thing that I was slightly disappointed in. The buffet was ok, but they ran out of fruit and never replenished it. There were waffles and yogurt and cereal, so we didn't go hungry.

The neighborhood appeared safe and there were many restaurants and stores within a short drive from the hotel.

If we ever get back to Memphis, we will certainly return to the Residence Inn in Southaven.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Let me start by saying I've practically lived in Marriott Hotels for over a year because of my career. I made my reservations at this hotel a good month and a half ago and also stated I would have a late evening check-in. Upon arriving I gave my name and credit card to the desk clerk. She runs my card and gives me my keys. Then she proceeds to tell me the TV's have not been working since last Friday; today is Wednesday. Then she tells me well sometimes they work. So I'm thinking, "okay what's wrong with this picture"? Okay why didn't she tell me this before I checked in? After working 40 straight days, really tired and now it's late, I just decided to stay. Going down the hall I notice a really disgusting smell of incense burning, which I could smell to my room. Then upon entering my room I look at the TV and thought to myself "Do they even make these type of TV's anymore". I can see why they had no service. A really lovely device...Ha Ha!! So dear Marriott, I'm really disappointed with this property. I can honestly say I will never stay here again.

A Platinum Member Makes No Difference With this Dumpy Hotel...

Room Tip: Not Here!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Monkey888
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The hotel facilities and staff were fantastic. Could not do enough for us. The shuttle service was excellent and the additional runs into Graceland made Elvis week all the more enjoyable and affordable. The breakfast each day and surprise Dinners Mon-Thurs were also a huge bonus. It's in a great locale, lots of eateries and if you want value for money - couldn't recommend it more.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I booked our hotel on the Marriott site, then called Marriott direct for specific ADA needs. I wanted to make sure we had a Roll in shower. The Marriott ADA desk checked with the hotel. They sent the housekeeper to the room to ensure that the room had a roll in shower. When we arrived there, there wasn't any single room suites in the hotel with that specification. The clerk told me only two room suites had the special shower. After five minutes of retelling my story, they upgraded the room to a two room suite so that my handicapped companion could take a shower.
We stayed 3 days and during the entire stay, didn't have TV. They said Comcast was working on it. It makes staying in an area you are unfamiliar with a little awkward, especially since there were tornado watches and severe storms in the area. Thankfully we had smartphones.
Breakfast wasn't spectacular, standard eggs, cereal, waffles, bread and yogurt. People were constantly hounding the kitchen held to fill the hot breakfast items up.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family