“The worst chicken I've ever had in my whole life (and I'm 71)”

Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken Southaven
Ranked #4 of 145 Restaurants in Southaven
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This chicken was so spicy that I couldn't stand it. I took half of it home thinking that I could put it in the refrigerator, and that the next day, when it was cold, I could eat it. I couldn't. Even cold it was so spicy that I couldn't stand it. Maybe they made a mistake on my batch or something.

2  Thank Jake J

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The chicken, greens and fries were delicious. Food was fresh and hot! The fried green tomatoes and fried pickles are ok. Great prices!

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

This is yard bird at its best-spicy and served simply on white bread. I've eaten here three times. Each time, I've gotten the 2 piece white plate with beans and slaw. Nothing fancy-just great Southern food. Atmosphere fits the food-simple and rustic. Easy to get to from Southaven or Olive Branch. Highly recommend!

2  Thank Rkingmusic13
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

The stories are all true. It is the best fried chicken out there. Crunchy, juicy, with a kick. Can't wait to go back

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I was really excited to try Gus' World Famous Chicken after hearing about it for years. I was so disappointed. The chicken was chewy and a little dry. The macaroni was good but not great. The beans, slaw and potato salad taste like a grocery store type prepared in the deli. My son who has to eat chicken for almost every meal hated this place and left his plate unfinished. The service is great and the place is cute but not somewhere I will return. I think this place has a cult following just for the name. It can't honestly be the best chicken they ever had. It just can't be.

1  Thank Shannon B