“Rate changed and room change”

Homegate Inn and Suites
Homegate Inn and Suites
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Southaven
Conway, AR
“Rate changed and room change”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was quoted one price on the phone, and charged more when checking in. I also reserved a King Room 2 months in advance, and was told upon checkin that there were none available and would have to take a double room. We were with a group and the couple in front of me and the couple after me checking in received King rooms. I know the couples had made reservations after we had. I asked the clerk why that was and was told the computer assigned rooms and there was nothing he could do about it. I informed him that was not a good way to run a business. He told me I could have my money back and that our group would not receive a discount next year. There was no discount! The rooms were clean and quiet. Didn't have breakfast there, so can't comment on that. Their customer service is horrible. Won't be going back. I don't think our group will either. Second year they have done this to us. There were bug and mouse traps by the door going to the pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank tahsooner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I may have already written a review on this hotel, as I stayed here one year ago. I didn't think I'd need a hotel room on this visit to Southaven, but I ended up needing one. The hotel was just as I remembered. Very clean and roomy. Nice size flat screen tv on the wall with a good selection of channels. And the hotel staff was so friendly.

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I made the reservation on the fly, from my phone in the middle of the night. They worked with me both on the rate and late checkout. The desk clerks at check in and at checkout we're both pleasant and professional. The lobby and room were clean. Good value!

Michael Moss

• Stayed March 2013
Galena, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Right off the interstate, friendly staff ready to help. Room was just right, had all the basics we needed for a quick overnight. The breakfast was also basic, but very adequate. Clean and well kept, but construction did not contain the sound of the activities of our neighbors across the hall. ;-). We would definately stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I have been to the Memphis area on a number of occasions. We have been disappointed in every hotel we have stayed in at the $50 to $60 price point. The Key West Inn and Suites in Southaven, Ms is a very different story. We could not have been more pleased. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful our room was clean and comfortable and it is closer than you think to everything. We will be back in the Memphis area in the spring and will be staying at the Key West Inn and Suites.

• Stayed February 2013
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Although this is a Key West Property, the breakfast is not as they advertise. Only waffles, sweet rolls and juice/coffee. The room had very old sheets which were rough, the bedspread had cigarette burns (although it was a non-smoking room), the pillows were lumpy beyond belief and the fabrics for the drapes, chair and bedspread were all different with no color coordination. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank MauriceAramon
Nesbit, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was the most disgusting, dirty hotel we have ever stayed in! The only reason we stayed was because it is dog-friendly and the other hotels were booked! There is some sort of fungus growing on the windows! When we walked in the room, the dog immediately sniffed out a dried up muffin under the bed! The staff walks around with shopping carts for hotel carts! The breakfast area in the morning is terrible, not plentiful of food, or quality! The decor is shabby and run down. Some of the staff was very rude! The morning desk clerk tried to charge us extra for our dogs, claiming we did not pay for them at check in the night before! The kicker was that we discovered BUG BITES, all over ourselves from God knows what was in that room! If there is a minus 1 rating this place would get it!

Room Tip: Don't stay here...sleep in your car if you must!