“Better than you might think”
Review of Super 8 Southaven

Super 8 Southaven
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Cologne
“Better than you might think”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I booked on short notice via Expedia. Surprisingly the hotel was way better than described. No dirt, no dust, bed and bathroom top, close to Memphis. Staff very kind. Wifi speedy and properly working. You can blame the pool was closed, but it was bathtub sized anyway. Would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Oklahoma
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We booked this hotel through Hotels.com. The reviews were really good - I'm not sure why. The rate was pretty good. When we got there the clerk said there would be a charge for our 15 yr old son (as an adult). That put this small crappy room to nearly $100. The air conditioner knob wouldn't work. The clerk had to replace it. The sink drain stopper didn't work. Sink just filled up with water. The iron board cover was stained and disgusting. When we complained to the clerk (gen mgr) he acted like he could care less that we were dissatisfied. His only offer to help was to refund our money, which we gladly accepted. We moved next door to the Comfort Inn for $65 total. The rooms there were updated and the clerk at the desk was very friendly and helpful. Stay somewhere else if you can.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Carlinville, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Walked into the lobby and were met by a very nice soft spoken gentleman. Thought this might not be too bad. Could over look the mild smell that was totally unfamiliar to me, yet lingered throughout the hotel. The stairway to the second floor has not been swept or mopped in ages! Filthy! THE ROOM: Bed - clean. Bathroom - clean. Furniture - DIRTY! DIRTY! Outlets - NEVER dusted in fact..black. LAMP SHADES! UGH! HOW do lamp shades get moisture and mold stained? GLAD THIS IS ONLY ONE NIGHT!! This is totally unfortunate because I stayed in a Super 8 in Cuba, Mo. a few nights ago and it was the NICEST hotel that I have been in in a long time!! WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE A HOTEL GOOD: NICE employees, CLEAN entry ways, ODOR FREE in ALL areas, CLEAN BATHROOMS, CLEAN LINEN, CLEAN BEDS, CLEAN FLOORS, and REALISTIC PRICES. NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Australia
Reviewed February 11, 2010

I recently stayed in this Hotel in southaven and I thought it measured up alright for the price and all that went with it. Because I stayed for nearly two weeks they gave me an upgrade to a really nice suite room for the same price and I really enjoyed it and thought it was nice of them to do that. I found the hotel was probably an 'older' type, but my room was nice and clean and I always had fresh towels. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful with whatever enquiries I had. There was a bit of noise sometimes late at night from other guests on the same floor, but you get that at other hotels anyway so I can't complain too much. The only real complaint I would have was the Laundry facilities. There was one waher an one drier on the second floor and of course you had to wait sometimes to use these when they were free and I didn't really mind that, but, everyime i used them I had to clean them out and I know that is the fault of the previous user but it would help if the staff could do a check everyday on these machines and to their cleanliness and to clean up the rubbish that uncaring guest leave in the laundry room! Overall though I would stay there again as long as the price as as good as I got on this trip!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Staunton
Reviewed January 15, 2010

Booked in Southaven through hotels.com because we could not get a room nearer Graceland. When my husband checked the bed, we saw stains on the box springs and then lifted the sheet and there was a huge stain on the mattress itself.....no mattress cover on it...just the sheet. He went to complain, was give keys to a different room and it was just as bad so we left the hote. The only people who probably stay here are truckers who don't care about cleanliness or people who need a place to bring a prostitute!!! Have stayed in Super 8 before and never had a problem, but stay away from this one!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
mississippi
Reviewed December 30, 2009

My first indication that should have told me to turn around was the smell of curry and Hindu religious decor. Against my better judgement I checked in. Upon arrival in room 114 my wife and I noticed an unusual musty smell and cigarette burn that went through the comforter, the spread, and the sheet. That was a good indication that the sheets had not been changed. So I tried to make the best of it by going to the front desk and getting different sheets. When we ripped off the old ones we noticed bed bugs. That was it!!!!! So I demanded a refund and the manager gave me a hard time, insisting that it was a new room. I recommend the Holiday Inn Express down the road, it was $20 more but it BUG FREE!! and CLEAN!! and had a hot breakfast.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Illinois
Reviewed December 26, 2009

In some parts of the world dank mingled with fruity sweetness might be a real selling point, but we found it a bit difficult to take. Having already charged it through an online deal site (High Temp - Strand Conductor), we braved the night, snatching enough rest for the next day's travel.

The Waffle House just up the street was a mitigating factor.

Bill was about $49 for a king-size bed (incl taxes).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southaven
Quality Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven
Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Horn Lake

Been to Super 8 Southaven? Share your experiences!