“Good food, terrible service.”

Nagoya Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #17 of 151 Restaurants in Southaven
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed January 24, 2012

My family family of eight ate at Nagoya to celebrate my son's birthday. All of our food was very good. However, they only had two waitresses for the whole restaurant. The waitresses also had to bus the tables. We had to wait about an hour for our food. I felt sorry for the waitresses who were doing the best they could. They were literally running the who time we were there. The management needs to hire more help. I will not be back.

1  Thank 60sTravelers0120

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I've eaten at Nagoya three times this past year. The first time was fairly good - I was certainly pleased with the experience, but it didn't blow my socks off. But the last two times I visited it was phenomenal. Perhaps they hired a new crew of chefs. Whatever they did, the improvement was very noticeable.

I was hesitant to try Nagoya since they don't have Habachi grills, but I kept hearing great things about it. Don't let the lack of a Habachi run you off. The food and atmosphere are very nice, and the wait staff is outstanding.

I've eaten at lots of Japanese restaurants all over, and Nagoya in Southaven, MS is top-notch.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

Great sushi at reasonable prices in a setting perfect for conversation with friends.