“Stay away if your a diabetic!!!!”

Hampton Inn Memphis Southaven
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Southaven
“Stay away if your a diabetic!!!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am a diabetic. I talked to the lady at the front desk when I arrived about a refrigerator for my insulin. She called back two hours later and said there were none available and she would send one first thing the next morning. The next morning I went to the front desk and they knew nothing about me needing a refrigerator the manager had me one up there in ten minutes. A refrigerator two floors down is a recipe for DEATH with a diabetic.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Melissaname
jalesha m, Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis Southaven, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
I would like to thank you for your comments and for bringing this to our attention. I am sincerely apologetic that we did not follow up with your request as promised. I understand Diabetes is very serious and I will make sure that our effort to assist a guest, in the same case as yours, will be handled promptly and precisely. As there are many other lodging options in our area, thank you for making Hampton Inn Memphis/Southaven your choice hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We ask that you give us a chance to redeem ourselves by lodging at our property, if you are in the area again, so that we can deliver the 100% satisfaction you deserve. Again I thank for your making us aware of your concern and I appreciate your business. Have a wonderful day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were in Memphis for Elvis Week and decided to stay here since all the hotels close to Graceland were booked up. The Hampton Inn is only about 7 miles to Graceland and downtown Memphis. This hotel was very clean, the hotel staff was friendly, the free breakfast was great including a waffle maker, eggs, sausage gravy, fresh fruit, juice, milk and much more. The Hotel has a swimming pool, a computer center to print boarding passes and check e-mail. The only downside to our room was the fact that it didn't have a microwave or a fridge. If you are looking for a clean, quiet and updated hotel this is the one.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge and microwave you have to pick the rooms with one king size bed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Spark88
jalesha m, Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis Southaven, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I would like to thank you for your compliments on our staff and for letting us know that you were pleased with your most recent stay. We appreciate your comments and suggestions as we will take them into consideration. As there are many other lodging options in our area, thank you for making Hampton Inn your choice hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. I hope that you enjoyed the accommodation and service we provided you with, as complete satisfaction by reaching 10 is our goal at Hampton Inn Memphis/Southaven. We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors. Thank you again, and have a great day.

jmoody@chartwellhospitality.com
Keller, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at Hampton Inn memphis Southaven. Our room had two queen beds. The room was clean and pleasant. This hotel is near shopping, banks and restaurants. It was close enough to drive to Graceland. Ammenties include pool, coffee in room, workout room, and free breakfast. The staff was very friendly. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for participating in this survey and all of your wonderful comments. As there are many other lodging options in our area, thank you for making Hampton Inn Memphis/Southaven your choice hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. I hope that you enjoyed the accommodation and service we provided you with, as complete satisfaction by reaching 10 is our goal at Hampton Inn Memphis/Southaven. We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors. Thank you again, and have a great day.

jmoody@chartwellhospitality.com
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The smell inside the property was just awful. I almost walked out -- but I have just come from the hospital and could handle gettng somewhere else. The staff was super nice. My room smelled awful -- chemicals or odor cover ups, not sure. Did get used to it when I put on the air full blow. Bed was comfortable and room seemed pretty clean. I felt the price was high though for the property. A seemingly safe area of Memphis and lots of food/other businesses in the area. Taxis can be hard to get.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
jalesha_moody, Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis Southaven, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
I want to thank you for making our Hampton Inn your choice hotel during your most recent visit to Southaven. I appreciate your feedback and am always open to suggestions on areas we can improve. Thank you for the compliment on the staff we appreciate your business. I understand you were dissatisfied with your room suite due to an unpleasant odor. Our Housekeeping team is diligent in maintaining a fresh and pleasant atmosphere in the rooms, however we may have overlooked the freshness of your room and for this I apologize. Guest satisfaction is our hotel's priority; therefore I have brought your comments to our hotel team attention to prevent similar situation from occurring in the future. We wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors. We also ask for you to consider staying at our property the next time you travel to the area.

Hampton Inn Memphis/Southaven
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Very great place to stay... Here with baseball team and the people that work here are so great. Very nice folks. Breakfast was great and plenty to eat!!! Will be back!

• Stayed July 2012
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We spent 3 nights here recently. It was a full house on Fri/Sat night with several ball teams. Breakfast was a little crowded but understandably so. It's a nice hotel and staff was friendly. Bed was comfortable, but they could use new pillows....very flat..

Our stay in the area became extended, we found a comparable hotel close by with a lower rate .... we asked Hampton to match the price (or at least reduce it somewhat) since they were now at low capacity, but they would not do it, so we chose to move. This was disappointing. I don't understand the business decision here...seems like some amount of $$, would be better than an empty room, but so be it. We enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

First of all, the room smelled terribly. After I went to the store and febrezed the bed, carpetand curtains. I found a bug at my bedside. As I was stunned at the site of it, I quickly tried to hit it with my shoe. But it when under the bed. I picked up the phone to call the front desk and it was not working. So I walked to the front desksnd asked if they had something to kill this bug with. "She said I will get security" the officer came and tried to find the bug but couldn't . When he left the bug came out again. I tried to hit it but I and terribly afraid of bugs. I will now go and try to gety money back.

• Stayed May 2012